• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Longest week of my life

Sol1776

Nov 24, 2010
I'll be taking my exam on Saturday, feel pretty confident on passing the tech and general but time has slowed to a crawl....then comes the waiting for it to be posted. How long does that usually take?:headbang

my tests were graded immediately after taking them and I knew that i passed the same day. It takes a week or so for your license to be posted on the FCC ULS, provided the examiner mails the information as soon as possible.

If I remember right my call was posted in under 2 weeks....If it takes any longer than that I would be trying to contact the VE's to see just when they sent out the paper work

But anyway ..Grats on passing the exams !! :)

My VEs said they were to mail the forms out the same day, so I'm hoping sometime this week even.

I'll be taking my exam on Saturday, feel pretty confident on passing the tech and general but time has slowed to a crawl....then comes the waiting for it to be posted. How long does that usually take?:headbang

In 1959, the usual wait was 6-8 weeks. Only took five weeks for mine to arrive in the mail, so I guess I lucked out.

Patience.

Keep studying and taking the practice exams. I took the test on a saturday and it was in the ULS the next wednesday. Good Luck

Sweet! I hope I'm so lucky. Trying not to be too impatient, I've already put this off WAY too long (30 yrs or so)

Sweet! I hope I'm so lucky. Trying not to be too impatient, I've already put this off WAY too long (30 yrs or so)

LOL. Good grief. You put it off for 30 years?!? Serious procrastinator.

I finally got my ticket this past Wednesday and it only took me a little over 20 years. (y)

LOL. Good grief. You put it off for 30 years?!? Serious procrastinator.

I finally got my ticket this past Wednesday and it only took me a little over 20 years. (y)

A little over 20 yrs...:whistle:
Well you know how life (read X wife) can get in the way.....
So I'm almost there, 17 hrs and counting, hope I can sleep tonight may have to partake of a libation or three :blink: Hoping my ve's use the computer input!!!
I'll be yakkin it up by tuesday!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1