• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a mint Turner desk mic Plus 3B model

In fact this is the ONE I lost out on dang it wished I put a little more, I waited all that time for NOTHING

EBAY

ITEM 191352491079

When you want one mint your gonna pay the price I have nice ones but not mint you will need an old stock New In Box for that but your gonna pay a big price as these are old and gonna have scratches but I don't mind that aslong as they have that classic one of a kind Turner sound scratches for me on an old Mic are ok their old and its expected and adds character ;) Besides they can always be painted or touched up Im thinking about doing one of mine.

Yeah I tend to agree with ya so what kind of price would that be ya reckon ? $100, $125, $150, $200 or more ? Just fishing for what seems to fit that mint near perfect mic of old stock new look .....

Keep an eye on eBay and everything pops up eventually. Seems to be a good time to buy old mics right now. Prices are not through the roof.

I tried to post the link but the site shows a blank square. Look at eBay auction 141434234525

eBay item #141434234525
Yeah I tend to agree with ya so what kind of price would that be ya reckon ? $100, $125, $150, $200 or more ? Just fishing for what seems to fit that mint near perfect mic of old stock new look .....
I paid $100.oo (best offer was accepted) plus shipping for a near mint 3B. And I also paid $200.00 plus shipping for a NOS 3B on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to keep watching eBay . I have a minty SSB +2. Plus 3 and a Super Sidekick all found on eBay for under $50. I also found like new D-104's of all varieties on there for under $50 except for a NIB factory new black custom D-104 I paid $100 for but it was worth it. If I'm really serious about finding an older mic in mint condition I search the "buy it now" "newly listed" items late at night. Study the pictures carefully.

I took a gamble about 8 years ago on a newly listed Kenwood TS-440SAT listed as condition unknown from someones fathers estate. From the pictures it looked to me that the seals on the boxes had never been opened. I bought the radio for $375 and sure enough it was untouched in the original packaging. I'm but no means an eBay addict but I have found some sweet inexpensive gear on there. I never bid on anything, I use the buy it now feature every time.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear that Ratso and unit 194, well guess what ? Yeah YAY patience paid off cos now I've found my very MINT like new flawless +3B mic and it wasn't on eBay... I'm uploading a pic or 2 of it here.... Yeah I paid more than $100 for it though but I've got the paperwork and box !!

Sure appriciate your input fellas and here is my beauty I'm waiting on to arrive next week, Retro

And yes he has 2 of them but I went for the right one it's steller condition...

Attachments

• 2 TURNER PLUS 3Bs FACEBOOK offering.jpg
    2 TURNER PLUS 3Bs FACEBOOK offering.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: binrat
Hey question here so TURNER +3B OWNERS please reply thanks !! Do you think a Superside Kick Turner volume control pot would work in a Turner Plus 3B to replace it curious ? But with my like new plus 3b seems my volume adjustment on top doesn't do much of a change on making the audio very low to very high, either is off, to barely audio and then no difference..... Is that typcial of a Plus 3 B seems kinda odd to me and I spent 150 bucks on it so I want it like near perfect !!!

I hate to tell anybody they're wrong but, Captain Kilowatt is wrong. I have an original Datasheet for the Turner +3 it is a compression-amplified microphone. Sorry sir.

They are compression mics which is why they run circles around the ASTATIC D104 mics on SSB they are what I run on any CB 10-12 meter radios / glorified CB's. I have even ran them on my HF Rigs without the use of the internal processors they sound really good then.

The original ads and brochures will explain the compression or Moduguard circuitry and its purpose. Ill maybe scan or find original brochures with the info

I hate to tell anybody they're wrong but, Captain Kilowatt is wrong. I have an original Datasheet for the Turner +3 it is a compression-amplified microphone. Sorry sir.

Here; The Datasheet.

Please read the last para of the first datasheet.

You should feel bad telling me I was wrong. Go back and look at ALL my posts in this thread ESPECIALLY POST #20 and then tell me where I said that the +3 was anything other than a compression type microphone. EVERYTHING I have said is that the +3 and the +3B are the same thing and have compressions. Post #20 even has an attachment to that effect. If you are jumping on me because I did not say it also has amplification then that is just looking for trouble and as a newbie I have to suspect your motives. I did not say "AND IT IS AMPLIFIED" because everyone else in the thread knows it is amplified and the question was whether it had compression or not, not whether it was amplified or not.

Reactions: TonyV225
I cant understand why none of the other Microphone manufactures or companies never built a mic out of the numerous or several models they make or made had made one with simular circuitry for SSB use. However Ill tell you what, theres a local guy in my area whom runs a "GE Superbase" that has a switchable Compression option and with the stock handheld microphone that CB sou ds better than the HF Rigs the others are running in the CBers 11 meter group I here in my area.

I am considering buying one oc those radios for talking to the 11 Meter group "IF" I can find one not modified and beat and hacked to $h!+. Yea I know I know "Good Luck!!!"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.