• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for Antenna Equipment advice.

Crawdad7

Nebraska 128
Dec 21, 2019
Omaha, NE
3-4 Element H Beam on Roof Mount Tripod for Ks. tornado alley. Need manuf/equip. recommendations Maco, Cushcraft, Lightning, Gizmotchy...?

Well it's hard to beat a 4 element Lightening quad if that's not too big of an antenna. If your going with a 3 then a Maco 103 is a good choice. Another one to look at is the 3 element Maco V quad. Lots of choices out here.
4 Element Lightening Quad YES I have read the good I'm glad you mention that. Marconi was not fond if I remember correctly in some discussions here. Seems Yagi design is pretty hard to beat from what I gather & somewhat agree. Maco manuf quality is good huh?
I will read more on the Lightening Quad. However I do not need Vertical. IMAX only couple yrs old does superbly in all regards. Thank You for your feedback!

Reactions: Marconi
4 Element Lightening Quad YES I have read the good I'm glad you mention that. Marconi was not fond if I remember correctly in some discussions here. Seems Yagi design is pretty hard to beat from what I gather & somewhat agree. Maco manuf quality is good huh?
I will read more on the Lightening Quad. However I do not need Vertical. IMAX only couple yrs old does superbly in all regards. Thank You for your feedback!
If your looking for quality its really hard to beat a Mosley 4 or 5 element yagi. I am running a 4 element Lightening quad and only using the horizontal polarity on it. Works very well.

really hard to beat a Mosley 4 or 5 element yagi!!!!
(y)(y)(y):love:(y)

AGREE! Want the BEST in today's market? NOTHING beats a MOSLEY for quality, longevity and performance!!!! NOTHING!
All the Best
Gary

CB link above:

Homepage/All antennas

Reactions: Crawdad7
(y)(y)(y):love:(y)

AGREE! Want the BEST in today's market? NOTHING beats a MOSLEY for quality, longevity and performance!!!! NOTHING!
All the Best
Gary

CB link above:

Homepage/All antennas
I will check them out! Thank You

IMO, your buddy is absolutely correct about the coil.

I don't recommend using a spring.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.