• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for any info. on a sears base

W

w527

good evening all, i'm looking for any info. i can find on a sears model 60105 AM base. i can find all sorts of PLL info., but no tune-up or mic wiring for it. it's the PLL O2A chip and is a 40 channel model(for now). any info. would be a big help. well time for work, have a good night all!

thanks,

Bob - W527

</p>

I have a Sears 60105 40 chan AM base. It's an extremely rare model. Would like to find some mod docs for it.20181001_162249.jpg

Last edited:
go over to cbtricks.com and look under the secret CB books. there may be some thing over there. most sears radios have a number like 934.678954. not just 6105. at least all I ever saw had a long list of numbers.

Reactions: Laserbeam
I checked, there are no other numbers, just a DOC number and 2 serial numbers. This one is a real enigma! :)

Here is the plate. For some unknown reason the DOC number was defaced, but it can more or less be still read.

Attachments

• 20181001_190620.jpg
    20181001_190620.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Found a Sears 60105 in my copy of the CB PLL Data Book. That has it as a Cybernet chassis PLL02A "Late Generation AM 2-Crystal Loop, 40 Channel."

I'm guessing if you open it up there's a board number on the main circuit board along the lines of "PTBM057COX" or something like that. With the board number someone here should be able to find a similar enough radio that a Sam's or other service manual could be found, if indeed it's what my book claims.

Reactions: Laserbeam
That’s a big help. The RCA Co-pilot 14T303 has that same board. Several other RCA’s also use that board, but they’re mobile radios. I think the 14T303 base with the power supply schematic will be a closer match your radio. You can find the service manual and schematics on CBtricks.
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rca/14t260_70_14t303_4_5/index.htm

Note: The minor difference between your radio and the 14T303 is the Co-pilot has an additional small board that contains the built-in SWR circuit and a metering circuit that runs the modulation meter. Your radio doesn’t have those two features, otherwise they’re basically the same.

Last edited:
Good call!

Simpson-Sears Limited of Canada used a whole different numbering system for their CB models. Howard Sams only covered USA-approved CB radios.

The scratched-out gummint-approval (DOC) number suggests to me that it was either printed wrong, or had been submitted for approval a second time, and given a new number. Maybe?

But the sticky label above the serial plate says "DCO", not "DOC".

Don't see a lot of dyslexic ID labels on the rear of radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.