• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for FET amp schematic

Let me ask this, are you the one that "modified" your friends Palomar 250tx in the other thread you started?

HAHA no lol i wish lol my x neighbor did it he knows alot about this stuff but he no longer lives near me wish he did thoe he loved fixing this kinda stuff.....

Does anyone know about how i can find a schematic to build a 21 or 40 fet amp? or any big fet amp thnks 73's

Why would want an amp that had 21 or 40 FET's in it? That's an awfully strange number of devices. FAR better to use a single high powered device or even a pair of them The MRF-151G is a tried and true device, albeit older device, producing 300 watts per device. There are new devices out now producing 600 watts and even over a kilowatt from a single device.

http://www.ibelings.com/n4ip/mrf157.html

http://www.w6kan.com/ssamp.html

If you have no experience at working with RF or building amps, this would be a bad way to start out.
If you really want to learn, start with some book ( or internet ) research on RF in general because you need to understand how radio works in its basic form before you can understand how to amplify it.
If you just want to Play start with something small like 2 or 4 devices, but unless you understand what is going on, all you can do is copy "something" and hope it works and thats not a good gamble, and to make a multiple amp like 1X4X16 requires a lot of thought and plenty of trial and error to make it work right.
Check this out, Search for " DL9AH Linear " and have a look at a well built MOSFET amp.

If you just want an Amp, sell the 200 MOSFET`s you just got and buy something built already.
I have seen online cb radio shops selling ERF 2030`s for $7 for singles, and $1.50 for 520`s one at a time.......
Or maybe use the money to buy some good transistors and learn all you can and build one the right way, CK is correct, many that want to see a big amp are looking at something that runs on a 50 volt power supply.
MRF154`s are great, have a look at this amp from K6KAN it is good example of a homebrew MOSFET amp without the mess of a multi stage/multi transitor amp.
Hey along the way, as you learn lots about radio and have fun, get your ticket and you can play around on Ten meters, or 12, or 15, or........

Jeff

Last edited:
wow a killowatt i just ordered 3 transistors on ebay and they sent me 100 irf520 and 100 erf2030 and 100 HUF7534P3 transistors just thought i could try n learn to build one lol like in video

Lazy Bones - 606 AK --10-2-2011 (21 Mosfet Box Test) - YouTube

Uugghhh.....why would you want an amp like that one? It sounds like crap to be honest. Just listen to the distortion. Just like tubes, if you need more power than 2 or at most four devices will provide you need a bigger device.

Thanks Jeff for that link to K6KAN's amp. I saw it before but couldn't remember where and Google was no good because I had no idea what to look for in the results. LOL

HAHA no lol i wish lol my x neighbor did it he knows alot about this stuff but he no longer lives near me wish he did thoe he loved fixing this kinda stuff.....

10-4. That's good lol. The mosfet "cb" amplifiers are kinda new. I will try to search around for something.

just wanna tto put out some real power lol im not drivin my antennas good enough my 5 pill 1x4 all 2879's put out about 675 avg and about 1000 pep but i thought average is what counts? BUT IM NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT PEAK ENVELOPE POWER MEAN is it better ? that would be interesting to know could someone please explain this too me/? thanks

If 600w + average power is not enough, then those little mosfets are going to be a huge disapointment. I built a small one with 4 x IRF520 ( can't remember if it was an N, P or A. Yes it matters). I looked at a schematic of a Ranger 94 radio. They use 4 of them in circuit. After I was done, I had a carrier of 25W. Average would go up to 50W. Would do 110-120W pep. Once its built, the trick is to get the bias right. I think it took about 2.6V to turn them on and run right. They I not a power house and you will not get big watts out of them. Still it was fun to play with. Now if you want real power, get a pair of MRF157's. Just expect to pay $500 each. But they will be all you need.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.