• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low Dead Key Realistic TRC 447

This particular radio has no built-in feature for this. The add-on variable-carrier kits sold for Cobra 29 type radios will work on this one.

But only if the tech that does the install can work out the instructions for him/herself. The schematic diagram for that radio is on CB Tricks.

But there is no convenient wire jumper that can be removed from the circuit board and replaced with a carrier-control circuit.

As a rule, this involves cutting a gap in one copper foil trace on the circuit board, and hooking it to each side (the right side) of the cut.

There might be a detailed "how-2" for this online somewhere. Never have looked for it.

A single final radio into a 10 pill doesn't need the dead key lowered unless you are going to use a driver.
That's interesting. My friend is the original owner of this four-watt dead-key TRC 447 and the cover has never been removed and it works great. We do not have any knowledge with radios / electronics.
We can connect it to a two-pill or ten-pill and see what happens because he would like to use it for DXng but on AM only because both amps do not have the SSB delay. Would a four-watt dead-key drive the ten-pill?

That's interesting. My friend is the original owner of this four-watt dead-key TRC 447 and the cover has never been removed and it works great. We do not have any knowledge with radios / electronics.
We can connect it to a two-pill or ten-pill and see what happens because he would like to use it for DXng but on AM only because both amps do not have the SSB delay. Would a four-watt dead-key drive the ten-pill?
With the two pill I would lower the deadkey, but if you are going to drive the 10 pill with only the radio, and NEVER the 2 pill in line as a driver, than leave the radio alone.
Personally I would want something with a variable power on the radio and use the 2 pill as a driver for the 10 pill as the radio drive alone will never reach the full potential of that amp.

With the two pill I would lower the deadkey, but if you are going to drive the 10 pill with only the radio, and NEVER the 2 pill in line as a driver, than leave the radio alone.
Personally I would want something with a variable power on the radio and use the 2 pill as a driver for the 10 pill as the radio drive alone will never reach the full potential of that amp.
A few minutes ago I experimented with my 2980 connected to the ten-pill. I reduced the dead-key down to 4-watts and as I expected, it barely had enough oomph to run the ten pill. I am assuming I would get similar results with the TRC 447. Oh well........nothing gained......nothing lost.
I appreciate the replies and suggestions from everyone.

Reactions: 999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated