• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lunar (am-ssb) Club World Wide

radiohobby

Dec 21, 2010
Oklahoma
Going through some old papers and found a certificate that just kind of fit this site as the title above says. If I remember right you made contact on the radio with someone and then they sent you this certificate. Not sure it was that way or done at some CB gathering that used to have like they have gun shows these days.

The number on my certificate is Lunar 2814.

It was signed by Wes Ogden the Golden Bear and Lunar One.

Anyone else have anything like this?

When I was out in California I also got a WDX number when I was attending one of those CB radio shows. The WDX number is 617. Funny the things you find going through some old boxs in stroage.

Oh yeah, have so many club numbers I can't remember them all. This was a bigger deal back from the '70's after the initial CB explosion of those times. There was a solar cycle peak sometime that decade and that really sparked interest. QSL card swapping was at it's height back then. Every next solar cycle the interest would be peaked again in clubs and dx'ing. The QSL card thing kind of faded away mainly with postal rates increasing ect... New clubs still get formed I guess and some guys continue to use a set of numbers they got years ago. Sometimes these clubs would have a "home frequency" and you could contact the same people over several different solar cycles....they would still be around.

I still use a "Whiskey" number which would be a prefix number where the number is the order in which the state joined the union. I think New York was the 2nd state so a NY call would be 2WXXXX ect...."Two Whiskey xxxx" and so on.

Hundreds of such clubs out there. Some still going

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.