• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MaCo "10 Tuner" VFO - Is it any good?

CollinsMan

Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Florence Mississippi
Has anyone ever used a MaCo VFO? If so, did you like it? I'm thinking about buying a couple, but I've never seen one in person, nor have I ever know of anyone who has used one. So, I figured I'd ask you folks for your opinions.

Thanks!maco vfo.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

If you like to modify you can make a VFO operate in just about any frequency range, but it will take a tedious time consuming if not miracle to make one track correctly across the band. Even if it is left stock and is connected to a 6Mc crystal radio that it was intended for, you can never trust what the dial indicates. Besides their inherent dial inaccuracy, they also drift. In any case, a frequency counter is essential with those IMO.

Does anyone have the manual for it? I'd like to convert mine from 14 to 11 MHz if anyone can help me out it'd be greatly appreciated...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.