• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco 200

I had one of these back in the 80s. It was a good amplifier. I think that it used four 8950s. I ran mine at about 75 watts carrier. On SSB, it was good for about 300 "true/bird" pep watts.

It would be at least 29 years old by now, so I would plan on replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors for safety and to protect the very expensive sweep tubes.

In my opinion it is a great little amplifier that can be operated from a regular 120 VAC plug-in without putting much strain on your electrical system. I would buy one myself if I could find a really good deal on one!

I need info on maco 200. What frequencies/band is this amp usable on. All I have been able to find out is that it is HF. The one I have is in excellent condition, and I would like to use it on some of my radio equipment. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Moonrunner48

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.