• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO / BRUTE Seventy-Five

The resistor going to the tubes are carbon. seeing as they are hard to get + expensive, what kind do use? 238

The caps on 3 & 11 show no ohms. The one on 12, the filament shows a small number of ohms. All the pin sockets check out ok. 238

The reading on pins 3 and 11 should be an open circuit. The path from those pins to ground goes through a zener diode. The meter will read it as an open circuit.

Seems to me they ran a jumper wire under each socket between pins 3 and 11.

I would check for continuity from pin 3 on the tube that gets hot to pin 3 on the tube that doesn't.

Likeliest thing to make the tube overheat would be loss of the negative bias voltage on pins 3 and 11 of one tube, but not on the other.

Chris I think i have got you confused. I am working on a Brute 75 with 1 M2057. Recon has the 75 with 2 tubes. 238

Sorry about that. I had posted a pic of my Super75 so he could compare the two. I was not sure if the caps were pf or uf. Thanks 238

Recon needs to put a good picture of the inside of his amp so you can see how it is done. His looks odd as compared to mine. 238

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.