• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO / BRUTE Seventy-Five

The resistor going to the tubes are carbon. seeing as they are hard to get + expensive, what kind do use? 238

The caps on 3 & 11 show no ohms. The one on 12, the filament shows a small number of ohms. All the pin sockets check out ok. 238

The reading on pins 3 and 11 should be an open circuit. The path from those pins to ground goes through a zener diode. The meter will read it as an open circuit.

Seems to me they ran a jumper wire under each socket between pins 3 and 11.

I would check for continuity from pin 3 on the tube that gets hot to pin 3 on the tube that doesn't.

Likeliest thing to make the tube overheat would be loss of the negative bias voltage on pins 3 and 11 of one tube, but not on the other.

Chris I think i have got you confused. I am working on a Brute 75 with 1 M2057. Recon has the 75 with 2 tubes. 238

Sorry about that. I had posted a pic of my Super75 so he could compare the two. I was not sure if the caps were pf or uf. Thanks 238

Recon needs to put a good picture of the inside of his amp so you can see how it is done. His looks odd as compared to mine. 238

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned