• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO VQ3

good news for people living vicariously ...
The vendor has finally gotten my VQ3 (after I emailed Maco regarding the delay of shipment - vendor doesnt know I did that) and will ship it out shortly so it IS coming and it DOES exist. Now the mad scramble for a push up pole and 3 position switch but have CC will procure lol.

Was only able to find a UPS shippable push up pole from EZ that noticed later only does 20 ft 10" hope thats enough for this thing and hope the VQ3 wont be too heavy.

EZ TM-50-5U Telescopic Antenna Push Up TV & Wireless Internet Antenna

Went with a Daiwa CS-201A - 2-Position Coax Switch switch from Japan to switch vq3 to Imax.
Once all the bits get here we will see whats what.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Was only able to find a UPS shippable push up pole from EZ that noticed later only does 20 ft 10" hope thats enough for this thing and hope the VQ3 wont be too heavy.

Went with a Daiwa CS-201A - 2-Position Coax Switch switch from Japan to switch vq3 to Imax.

A half wavelength up beats the proverbial poke in the eye.
Might have your take-off angle a little higher than you'd like but it's better than no beam in the air, ain't it?
Will still waiting to hear your results.......

Reactions: lonestarbandit

I use two Daiwa CS-201A switches and haven’t had any issues with them. They’re good to go. I also use a Diamond CX310A 3 position switch with no issues and have pumped 1500 watts through both of them. I gave up on using push up poles and only use the 4 foot ribbed aluminum military mast pipe.

Is that too high? Was wanting to clear the roof etc.
I am looking forward to the effective directed power or whatever its called but even more I am looking forward to that side rejection so I dont have to hear the same blabberjockeys getting in the way. Theres a few and I think everyone pretty much knows who they are. You set a QSO, the party answers you and they just drop in talking nonsense and try to steal the contact lol. This is of special annoyance to me on SSB. The power to NOT hear what I dont want to will be sublime.

Last edited:
What I CAN do it buy one steel fence rail @12 feet and mount the base of the push up to that to hit near the magic 30 foot mark but the 20 can get me up and running at least when all the gear gets here.

Reactions: Crawdad
0818212005.jpg
The antenna itself is here FINALLY but awaiting poles and need to put ends on some coax etc .... And the weather to stop raining. But at least Ive GOT it. Apparently aluminum shortages etc (and probably the price) have made these hard to get hold of. Took me 3 months hounding distributor.
This thing feels every bit its 22 pounds (not yet assembled) hope the rotor can take it lol.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.