• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO VQ3

[QUOTE="freecell, post: 771251, member: 30" ]performance will be more than adequate with the
feedpoint @ 1/2λ above ground or about 18' feet.[/QUOTE]
Really? Thats fantastic news some people were telling me unless I was into the 1st wavelength @ 30 feet plus was going to suck. So half wave length will be ok then? I mean of course Id love a 75 foot tower but cant do here lol.
Trouble is due to proximity to power lines I dont want to push higher in the unlikely event pole and antenna should fall over.....Same problem with installed Imax. Just height limited for safety.

Push up pole arrived in all its 20.5 ft glory I know I need 30 but what's a guy gonna do only ups deliverable was the 20.5
Anyway now need T posts, a ton of assembly, coax to do, holes to drill through Brick house (scary) and more assembly lol.
Sounds like it is going to be a great setup. Don't forget the ground rods.

(y)

Screenshot_20210822-222332~2.png
the VQ2 is a one man job.
This is a VQ3 22 pounds not the light short 8 pound VQUAD. But it will be a one man job lol.
Wow I paid a lot more than that MSRP lol

Last edited:
No lol. im not ginna have fun with that lol

Bull.

It’ll be a dead-quiet 0332 on the clock and you’ll wonder where the hours went.

But unlike a woman having a baby (billions of women having had even more billions of babies) the world just aint gonna take notice and start giving you congratulations for doing what you were born to do.

So, here’s the solution:

A) “Red Panties” across 3-4 channels at 1,330W whenever a couple of guys are talking; or,

B). “Auudio”. (Whistle). “Auudio”
every daylight hour on the hour (exactly) for two looonnng minutes (also exact).

Listen carefully and you oughta be able to get surreptitious air checks for distance with their OTHER conversations. That’ll be fun!

And, just think of all the silent thanks coming your way once ceased after Day 17.

Right?

Last edited:
Reactions: lonestarbandit
Well I have around 800 plus the multiplication factor of directed power whatever this is 27x I suppose lol.
So I suppose my silence might be welcomed not sure lol depends how much of an aggravation I am. Will still be glad once all the assembly and install is done and I can hopefully enjoy the fruits of the labor and expense. I have realistic expectations I wont of course match needlebenders big beam out of florida but hope at least I can have more control over my DX Via directability with hopefully more punch than the Maxx2000

Last edited:
Well I have around 800 plus the multiplication factor of directed power whatever this is 22x I suppose lol.
So I suppose my silence might be welcomed not sure lol depends how much of an aggravation I am. Will still be glad once all the assembly and install is done and I can hopefully enjoy the fruits of the labor and expense. I have realistic expectations I wont of course match needlebenders big beam out of florida but hope at least I can have more control over my DX Via directability with hopefully more punch than the Maxx2000

Change a few things in that post and that’s what I say about this latest PITA big truck install.

So, enjoy the skill being exercised!!
Afterwards, it’s ALWAYS “Miller Time”.

But we part ways where I’ll never wish to be that AM-19 irritation riding the New Mexico short bus.

Last edited:
Reactions: lonestarbandit
DX is all about propagation. If your going to spend money to get more performance put it in your antenna and getting it up in the air. It will work at lower heights but the saying height is might is true. There is a point of course where the cost and effort out weighs the benefit which only you can decide.

DX is all about propagation. If your going to spend money to get more performance put it in your antenna and getting it up in the air. It will work at lower heights but the saying height is might is true. There is a point of course where the cost and effort out weighs the benefit which only you can decide.

Becoming dead etc due to powerline contact kinda outweighs that argument a bit, as previously mentioned I have powerlines just beyond the backyard. Anything more than 25 feet at the tip will possibly contact the HV lines if it fell over. Have to work within the confines I have. The 800 watts should compensate somewhat for lack of being in the 1st wavelength. Its not a perfect scenario but between being nearish to an airport (I dont want to risk more power) and height limitations due to HV lines I'll just have to be happy with whatever I get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
Also just to my horror have just discovered theres not room for the IMAX where it is AND this things boom length. I may be beam only after this lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.