• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Made in Chicom

I find it amusing that every one points the bone at China for producing cheap crap, well news flash China makes very high quality electronics, household goods and clothing.

Where the blame for cheap Chinese crap needs to be pointed at fairly and squarely is the cheap arsed USA and other foreign companies that demand low speced crap from China so that they ( the USA or foreign companies) can maximise their profit at the expense of their customers.

I own an apartment in China and live in China for about 30 % of my time in a year I dont buy low quality crap and especially Chinese wont buy crap but what the hey if you demand rubbish product they will be happy to supply it.

I find it amusing that every one points the bone at China for producing cheap crap, well news flash China makes very high quality electronics, household goods and clothing.

Where the blame for cheap Chinese crap needs to be pointed at fairly and squarely is the cheap arsed USA and other foreign companies that demand low speced crap from China so that they ( the USA or foreign companies) can maximise their profit at the expense of their customers.

I own an apartment in China and live in China for about 30 % of my time in a year I dont buy low quality crap and especially Chinese wont buy crap but what the hey if you demand rubbish product they will be happy to supply it.

Given all the facts, I feel most Amercians wouldn't support a communist country. All advertising should show country of origin. With that, I could careless if it's the best made, cheapest wigit in the world. My $$ isn't supporting a terrible country.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I totally understand your sentiment and yes all product should state country of manufacture however living over there so much of the time I can tell you China is the most capitalistic of all the countries I have visited, it may not be a democracy but it certainly is all about the money, there aint no social welfare in China unlike the good old USA.

What blew me away is the reference in the "Chicago" article - that we (they can be easily interpreted as Dynascan too) have gone to outsourcing - to make the assemblies.

And now that the outsourcing is more expensive - what the heck happened to the stuff they originally had? Sold it off? Well, then the employees need to know that the "boss" sold off the very reason to bring back the jobs - only now the "boss" has to find out where all their equipment went and buy it back.

On top of that - the inventory that went with it.

What a logistical mess.

And we're stuck in the middle of losing out on repairing radios and equipment because of that sell-off incentive. We lost inventory due to the insatiable desire to put profits before people.

Its ok, Japan made cheap crap in the beginning too.

Reactions: sunbulls
If you’re looking for cheap crap in China, try making sense of one of their English interpreted manuals. The same goes for their radio programming software. I’ll use American made CHRIP any day. At this late date one would think the Chinese would at least hire competent English interpreters and editors. Baofeng among others do make a durable product for the money, but they have a long way to go in the English department. They don’t even bother to record decent English speaking woman to synthesize for their sound chips. How cheap is that?

Given all the facts, I feel most Amercians wouldn't support a communist country. All advertising should show country of origin. With that, I could careless if it's the best made, cheapest wigit in the world. My $$ isn't supporting a terrible country.
That's one of the things that really got me. We opened up trade to one of the biggest communist countries. I thought we were fighting communism.

I totally understand your sentiment and yes all product should state country of manufacture however living over there so much of the time I can tell you China is the most capitalistic of all the countries I have visited, it may not be a democracy but it certainly is all about the money, there aint no social welfare in China unlike the good old USA.
Can you tell us what the "word on the street" is in china about the US import taxes?

If you’re looking for cheap crap in China, try making sense of one of their English interpreted manuals. The same goes for their radio programming software. I’ll use American made CHRIP any day. At this late date one would think the Chinese would at least hire competent English interpreters and editors. Baofeng among others do make a durable product for the money, but they have a long way to go in the English department. They don’t even bother to record decent English speaking woman to synthesize for their sound chips. How cheap is that?
English is supposed to be their second language? There are more English speaking people in China than the rest of the world. Makes me wonder.

English is supposed to be their second language? There are more English speaking people in China than the rest of the world. Makes me wonder.

You and me both, half the problem is they in the past employed English teachers whose first language was not English, its only in the last 12 to 18 months that they have tightened up and now demand that English language teaches must be native English speakers. You woudlnt beleive the people they employed before, total rubbish.

Since there have been some "slanted" genralizations....

I guess we need to post for the record - and offer an alert to the rest of us so that WE DO not to fall into a trap the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - to name a few - often find themselves in.

How did you think China got to where they are at now?

Osmosis?

No...

Conquest?

Yes, in a way - quite poignant.

Because - Philippines - Uniden Dynascan - remember the Regime there? It was quite friendly towards the Free World - not just U.S.A.. It lauded, lavishly, upon the ones that had money to make the country produce and stay out of debts - but cartels and a darker world sniffed out that option...

Then we had Hong Kong...Taiwan. Now, ROC.

Ok, see what I'm getting at?

It was driven by greed, but the powers that be that control most of the manufacturing prowess was acquired by default when we turned our backs on defending that which we gave freely to obtain their trust - we now have returned back to them, what they had worked for, for us to enjoy as electronics - produced at their level of expertise

Only now, if Koreas' are any indicator, it's like returning a gun back to a murderer - are you sure you want to do that?.

We left behind the tools for those whom have ulterior motives - to use against the free market. So in a way, to impose tariffs is much like the "Fixed the Barn Door" after the all the cows went elsewhere - we still have the barn and what is in it to worry about. A Pandora's box - so to speak.

So for those whom happened to stumble into this, later in the thread, remember our history before it gets re-written by those that want to gloss over the harshness of the Political landscape and casually forget the use of technology and the edge it gave to those whom were masters of it.

Use it wisely...

We are in danger of becoming Slaves unto it.

"How did you think China got to where they areat now?"

"Osmosis?"

Nope. Corrupt politicians taking money from greedy company's, and china's front groups.
Here's whats got to happen. Impose the same rules on China that they impose on us. We are still getting ripped off by the rest of the world, but at least they aren't trying to destroy us.

I'd just like to point out that China took our capitalist system, learned it well, and beat the hell out of us with it.

Kinda like our proxy with Soviet Union in the 60s, rocketry.

I buy American made vehicles - it is getting harder and harder to. I have to admit though, the Anytone AT-6666 is very good. I wonder how much it would cost to manufacture in the USA?

I'd just like to point out that China took our capitalist system, learned it well, and beat the hell out of us with it.

Kinda like our proxy with Soviet Union in the 60s, rocketry.

I buy American made vehicles - it is getting harder and harder to. I have to admit though, the Anytone AT-6666 is very good. I wonder how much it would cost to manufacture in the USA?
The fact that all Chinese industry is half owned by the government and their currency is artificially pegged lower to the dollar gives them an unfair advantage. They didn't beat us at anything. We gave it to them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.