• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mag Mount Placement

Idk, I noticed an increase in tx/rx range from the wilson 5000 to the sirio pl5000, that and IMO it's of better quality than the new Wilson's. This is JMO. I think you will be happy with the sirio antenna. The ground planes make nice Chinese stars lol.

Testing a radio I realigned today....

I was using a Sirio 5000 on a magmount on the roof of my car, my friend, the RX station, was using a Sirio 3000 hard mounted on the roof of his car. Both using 4W on FM and perfectly clear over 9 miles of considerably less than flat terrain.

I'm going to do a side by side between the two at some point. Got some more CBs that need road testing before sale so the perfect opportunity.

OK..... I used the 125 PL mount and the Z-180, set it in the middle of the cab on my '03 Sliverado ext cab and got a 1.3 on ch. 12 all the way up to ch. 40 and from ch. 11 it raises up to 1.4 down to ch. 1. So I'm gonna try it out and see's what happens.

If you bond the hood to the body and the pickup bed to the body and the frame and bond the body to the frame you'll get lower noise and see an improvement in antenna efficiency as you'll give the RF more vehicle surface to flow over.

Bonding

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.