1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Magnum 1 Radio

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Ranch55, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ranch55

Ranch55 Well-Known Member

The Magnum 1 10/12 meter transceiver is back in production and showing up for sale already ......

W2EKG and codeman like this.

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Do you have a link?

3. Ranch55

Ranch55 Well-Known Member

I have seen them currently at Copper Electronics, LesComms radio, and they are also listed on amazon ....

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  4. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 From the high plains of Texas

Yep they're back! Don't expect the distributors to have them though as they're going straight to dealers from Palomar. The Chinese tarrifs have hit them so if they go to distributors they will be able too high of a cost. Hopefully the cost isn't any higher than they were before.

5. Eldorado828

The sl-41 mics are on their way too, just thought I'd throw that out there

6. donny dobbs

donny dobbs New Member

Is there 2 adjustments for the clarifier? The placement of the knobs and buttons are as important as fine and course clarifier adjustments to me. It can be hard to switch and tune a mobile.

7. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

The first batch is going straight to retailers, the next round is going to the wholesalers according to Palomar.

8. Eldorado828

Yeah for the time being there are some bent out of shape wholesalers haha. I guess if I were the middleman left out then I might be a little upset too.

9. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

Yeah they surprised me when they said that, I didn’t even ask about the price though but now I’m curious. Also curious as to the reasoning to such

10. Eldorado828

Pricing was much better than when they were available through the wholesalers but my guess as to why is as good as yours. Maybe not enough supply for all the distributors?? I know only one wholesaler got the last round of 2018xtr mics. What I understood on that deal was they bought the whole production run because it didn't consist of a large enough quantity to distribute. Honestly I think it comes down to them raising enough money to invest in the future products, as we all know that bunch hasn't mass produced much of anything in years now. Unless they've stashed away large amounts of dough to layout dormant this long I believe that's what it boils down to. That's only my speculation though. So I guess it's just a business strategy and I wish them well because they've put out great products in the past to set them apart from the rest. They've kind of done some of the specialty stuff, kind of the skunk works of the freeband world in a sense.

11. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Jay Mojave likes this.
  12. W2EKG

W2EKG 201 Mike Action

It's too big for modern vehicles. It does sound good, the ones I've heard on the air BTW.

13. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

I like the one I have it is from the first production..

14. Eldorado828

I know it's a maxlog m-8800 Clone and I do believe it's derived from from the 5555.
    m8800c.jpg

I have a first batch magnum-1 and I really like it. I did all the updates as Eric recommended and it's definitely an ssb performer.

15. Riverman71

Riverman71 Part-time Member

Bobby,
    You come up with the best avatars. :ROFLMAO:
    That leaf was in our yard early this morning, and our dog wasn't happy with it either. o_O

#15 Riverman71, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018