• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257hp Garbage

Magnum radio's ROCK.........it's your money so buy what you want....and buy it from Crapper or H&Y............lololol.

Well myself and a local radio buddy both ordered new 257HP radio 2 weeks ago, new box, new design faceplate available talkback and echo all new version. Well mine worked fine for 10 minutes then crapped out, his sounded great for about an hour than got a garbage modulation sound no matter where the mic gain was set. So maybe this new production run of 257HP radios are going to be a problem, I am so sorry I sold my old dual final version, I was looking for a little more power without using an amp, my mistake no doubt. Right now in the mobile I have I call the pea shooter SuperStar 4800 same kind of radio but the old single final version does about 11 watts screaming but it works

I have the new omegaforce S45HP this radio is a blast and setup nicely bySparkys i also have a new 2950dx if i had to choose one radio i would have a hard time

257hp

Thats a shame but it does seem things have been a bit hit and miss at the magnum factory where those radios are built. We got a batch of S-45's that were total rubbish but the next batch of S45 HP's were great. Brilliant in fact.

Well myself and a local radio buddy both ordered new 257HP radio 2 weeks ago, new box, new design faceplate available talkback and echo all new version. Well mine worked fine for 10 minutes then crapped out, his sounded great for about an hour than got a garbage modulation sound no matter where the mic gain was set. So maybe this new production run of 257HP radios are going to be a problem, I am so sorry I sold my old dual final version, I was looking for a little more power without using an amp, my mistake no doubt. Right now in the mobile I have I call the pea shooter SuperStar 4800 same kind of radio but the old single final version does about 11 watts screaming but it works

You're singing a different song today aren't you RASTUS ?the other day you called me an ASS for talking bad about Magnums and now here it comes back to bite you in your ASS.

Maybe now you'll get your head out of your ASS and listen to others who are only trying to be helpful and not some knuckle head limiter chopping cb whore hound on those idiot forums.

Tucker442 said:
I'd go with the Magnum 257HP, RCI 2950DX or the Magnum S-9, have or had them all, they are all fun radios with not having a big price tag

Reactions: 3 people
I have had mine since fathers day and have had it in the shop twice now. the first time it seemed to just lockup on 27.555 and wouldn't change to anything (this was a shorted mic). And again recently it locked up again when turned on the screen was blue with no info just a blank blue display. I am actually thinking about selling it and buying a 2950. But it seems every radio I buy has an issue........Maybe I should stick to Bow hunting and Motorcycles.:sad:

As much as I am a Magnum radio fan it does make me wonder whats going on. They need to keep those 9 year old's on the assembly line more focused over there. LOL

My thinking, though a great concept, is too much heat in too small of a radio. It's similar to tossing a RFX75 on a Cobra 19 from wallyworld....something is bound to give

and to think, I wanted to put one on my Titan II

Has anyone had problems with there Magnum 257HP?
I recently bought one from Walcott CB and it died out the first 10 minutes of use.
Walcott CB has been useless, no exchange or refund only warranty repair I was told.
If you do plan on getting a Magnum radio dont get it at Walcott CB, they dont want to know anything after they get your $$$ and good luck trying to get a return call from them.

Don't know much about the Magnum 257HP's, but I do know that Walcott is shady... they seldom stand behind what they sell, and they do crappy work. I live about an hour and a half from that place... I've had some of their work come across my bench. It wasn't good. If you buy a radio from them, buy it dead stock, no mods. Then take it to a reputable tech of your choice to have mods done.

~Cheers~

Don't know much about the Magnum 257HP's, but I do know that Walcott is shady... they seldom stand behind what they sell, and they do crappy work. I live about an hour and a half from that place... I've had some of their work come across my bench. It wasn't good. If you buy a radio from them, buy it dead stock, no mods. Then take it to a reputable tech of your choice to have mods done.

~Cheers~

1+

re

i put a 120mm computer fan on the back of the 257hp
keeps the radio cool.so far so good.

Well the good part is the finals in the RFX75 are not inside the radio and if you look at that YentiCom they did mount a fan on it, no doubt a good idea, I've had a few Magnum radios with great results just seems this round of new 257HP's are having issues

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.