• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mass shooting in Colorado

More and more people, even more liberals are softening on gun control. It's incidents like this that put fear into fence post liberals.

Gun sales have jumped since this shooting. Obama even reaffirmed support for our rights. Politicians are realizing that you had better be pro gun. The assault weapons ban costs democrats the house and they are starting to remember that. Remember good old Gore casting the tie breaking vote on restricting gun show sales?

We are a violent nation and always will be. I carry a firearm and tend to boycott businesses that refuse my entry. I forsee much more acceptance of guns in my lifetime.

I just wonder if that theater had a ban on guns...

How many people would have been saved, had there been a brave, lisenced to carry gun owner in the crowd. I'll bet the count would be much lower. It is a hidden but true statement that more gun control=higher crime rates.

It is true that this will spark heated debates about gun control and completely ignore the sad psychological influences that consistantly train our population to be desensitized and immoral? Society today is a direct product of the "do what feels good" generation of the 60s. We can't stop watching violent movies, playing violent video games, and music filled with violent themes. Then we turn around and say that it doesn't affect us. People all think it is crazy to say such things, yet society continues its moral decline at an alarming rate. It takes my breath away at how cruel, cold, and calculating some monsters can be. It is horrible that someone, for whatever reason, would plan a such a violent assult on an innocent crowd. I don't care what motivated him to do it. He was, and its too late to do anything to prevent him. The only thing that can be done, is to work toward fixing the problems that lead such people to do atrocities like this one.

Reactions: 1 person
RIP to the families affected and their loved ones. Community healing to Aurora, history will now equate that city with the worst domestic killing spree. The shooter was covered from head to toe in body armor. When the police arrived the only thing that kept him from escaping is that the gas mask the shooter wore was not police regulation else he would've looked like an officer and possibly made his escape. This guy made binary chemical bombs, hand grenades and had this trip wired at his apartment. Had he reached there and a shootout began he might've taken out that entire building. He's not talking.
I'd advise his lawyers that their client would be held in general population...

3's

There is a lot i would like to say about this..
However..Given how many have Died and were Injured..

The Best is to wish Condolences on those who lost their lives or were injured to the survivors and their families .

I think it is unfortunately very close to that high school that also had a similar happening.

Unfortunately.. If but one person had been carrying this could have been avoided or greatly reduced.

Already many are trying to rid our 2ed amendment rights.
Thank GOD his AR riffle jammed and he could not use that 100 rounds it had.

Police on a shooting range firing at stationary targets hit on average 90~94% whereas in a combat situation that drops to around 21~22%. That asswipe hit in the order of 50% even after having to drop his jammed AR and switching from the shotgun to the pistol in a dark and smoky venue with lots of hysteria covered from head to toe with armor. He must have been practicing. Someone else firing may have only added to the confusion. Dig a deep hole, drop him in it and everybody angry with him walk by and kick some dirt in.

3's

Last edited:
Police on a shooting range firing at stationary targets hit on average 90~94% whereas in a combat situation that drops to around 21~22%. That asswipe hit in the order of 50% even after having to drop his jammed AR and switching from the shotgun to the pistol in a dark and smoky venue with lots of hysteria covered from head to toe with armor. He must have been practicing. Someone else firing may have only added to the confusion. Dig a deep hole, drop him in it and everybody angry with him walk by and kick some dirt in.

3's

The theatre was packed and he was sooting at those running for the exits. Imagine 40 or 50 people jammed up trying to get out a door. All he had to do was point and fire at the crowd and from very close range. I doesn't take much practice or accuracy to hit someone in that situation. It's very fortunate that more are not dead.

With all the fire-power he had...it proves he was wacko and not trained with the weapons he had......if he had been....he prolly would have killed most of the people in that theater.....thank God he did not know what he was doing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.