• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maximum Coax Length?

I appreciate all the replies. Shadetree, you have given me a lot of information, and I had no idea this was such a process! You guys have been very helpful. I have decided to do a lot more research before committing to anything quickly. I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

I appreciate all the replies. Shadetree, you have given me a lot of information, and I had no idea this was such a process! You guys have been very helpful. I have decided to do a lot more research before committing to anything quickly. I'll keep you posted as to my progress.
I was hoping you were closer to florida because i have about 1600 feet of 1/2" hatdline. Unfortunately its expensive to ship not to mention a pita.

RFS12.jpg

https://broadcastconcepts.com/Heliax-Cable-1-2-Inch-Coax-RFS.html

Reactions: Keto
Lol, even connectors are $35 a piece. $$$

It really is NICE cable however but generally overkill for 11m. Commercial users use it on VHF and UHF because of it's low loss. I use it pretty much exclusively however in another lifetime I was in broadcasting and was able to source a bunch of used cable for free along with a bunch of connectors. Even the cheapest cable would have actually cost me more. LOL

It really is NICE cable however but generally overkill for 11m. Commercial users use it on VHF and UHF because of it's low loss. I use it pretty much exclusively however in another lifetime I was in broadcasting and was able to source a bunch of used cable for free along with a bunch of connectors. Even the cheapest cable would have actually cost me more. LOL
That sounds like it was a great opportunity at the time, it's nice when those things happen in a life

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Okay. What would you recommend for another option? What do others normally do when bringing coax from the tower into the house?

I currently have (10) antennas & at least (4) more going up soon & all of them have a Barrel Connector on the cable coming out of my shack wall for a quick disconnect at that point.Same with my rotor cable.If lightning strikes I want it to remain outside of my home perion not just my shack.

SIX-SHOOTER

https://www.mikeholt.com/instructor2/img/product/pdf/17LED-1498-sample.pdf

Introduction to Article 810—Radio and Television Satellite Equipment This article covers transmitter and receiver (antenna) equipment—and the wiring and cabling associated with that equipment.

Article 810 contains the installation requirements for the wiring of television and radio receiving equipment, such as digital satellite receiving equipment for television signals and amateur/citizen band radio equipment, antennas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.