• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MegaWatt power supply

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
Hello All, Just got my new power supply 50 amp. Now my question is how do I know how much to turn it up to properly run my radios. My 955HP is the only one that shows voltage.

Thanks in advance!!!

Does it have a fan or fans inside it? If so, are they loud? My Cosel drives me fruity, those two little fans move a lot of air and cause me to move a lot of Excedrin.

Does it have a fan or fans inside it? If so, are they loud? My Cosel drives me fruity, those two little fans move a lot of air and cause me to move a lot of Excedrin.

If it's like the 70 amp Megawatt, yes, there is a fan and it is LOUD. I bought one of those supplies about a year and a half ago, discovered the noise issue, and finally sold the supply a while back without ever using it. YMMV

Trying to toss up between another 30 amp or 36 amp.. thinking of grabbing a 300-350w linear... Says the fuse is 30 amp.. the 30 peaks at 33 amp and is only $58 vs $68.. I hate budgets..

My current 30amp model runs my 100w Alinco with ease..

I have the 50A and run my TS350DX with it. I took the noisy fan out and ran it without the cover for a while to see how hot it gets. I would bet the TS pulls less than 25A and the heatsinks inside the Megawatt barely get warm. I put the cover back on without the fan and plan on mounting it vertically so the convection air current from the small at of heat it does make will keep it cool.

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.