• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MIC STUDIO SOUND HELP

1) Start with your stock radio, stock mic, dummy load, and way to listen to your output audio. Any cheap ebay special HF radio.
2) Buy a scope or REA,,learn how to use it.
3) Start with eq's and cheap mics. I used a radio shack tape recorder mic for 10+ years, At this point expensive sh1t is a huge waste.
4) Don't believe your locals!! Your carrier pinching class c neighbor generally will not help. (I got lucky mine was NYC AM broadcast engineer)
5) Most CB radio's will do 120% without carrier pinching with very little modification..don't go mod crazy,
Graduate to the next level of stupid.
6) Mods..Begin with cap, resister, and voltage changes and then move on to the next level of stupid..
7) Bypassing the stock audio by modulating the final voltage is I guess the most common.
8) Learn all you never knew about radios earn your radio nerd wings.
8) Find an old plate modulated radio that sounds better then all the time and $$ you just spent.
9) Find a cheaper lighter SDR that sounds even better.
10) Spend $$$$ on processing,,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.