• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic Upgrade for a President Mckinley

Well the reports from those that hear me is that it sounds slightly muffled. And a upgraded mic can never hurt.

I totally get it! You can always drill a small hole where the mic element is or I did this...modified cobra M75 power mic.

E61FCAB6-C395-484D-BA30-958CC90DBBCC.jpeg

Works great! I get good reports and some think I am on a base station instead of mobile. I believe you can only use a mic that’s electret and not dynamic on the McKinley.

Ok so I just got out of the truck, I figured out how to drop the Mic gain, down to 7 from the factory set 10. Also I moved the pickup from the little holder and moved it into the large opening that already had holes in it. Now I just need to get someone to answer me. I'll post up once a get a reply from someone and get the report from them.

Ok so I just got out of the truck, I figured out how to drop the Mic gain, down to 7 from the factory set 10. Also I moved the pickup from the little holder and moved it into the large opening that already had holes in it. Now I just need to get someone to answer me. I'll post up once a get a reply from someone and get the report from them.
The element in the big housing might benefit from using some cotton to pack around it.

ich think this is the best mic for President CB-Radios.

I have one of those, it is a great mic. Clean, clear sound. Bought it from Scott's radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.