• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 77-888 Radio.

brownstone101

Nov 10, 2010
Hello,

i was wondering if any one out there ever had a midland 77-888 and knew of any mods or what it was able to withstand watt wise? or how well it was known or any known information any of you have on it? im thinking of adding talk back to it soon as a little bonus, but opinions? its my current full time rig in my car

the midland 77-888 uses the PLL02A PLL chip and was a VERY common chassis with numerous radios from different manufacturers using this same board.

RF power adjustments are L7, L11, and L12 and the modulation adjustment is RV2.

not much info on this radio in particular, but some google searching should bring up other more popular radios that are the same board as this one, and mods for those radios should work on this one.

the PLL02A chassis were capable of many channels, but were not known as "loud" radios usually.

hope this helps,
LC

i also have my grandpas Hy-gain II 40ch. i need to get a cobra 4pin male connector for it though. it was a special 5pin pain in the ass and all i been using are 4 pin cobra mics, (because its basically all that is sold or found anymore) so im converting some of our radios to a 4pin, besides my midland because i have the factory mic for it.

yeah i got a 5 pin too 4 pin adapter for my Hr2510 that isnt working.... its sad thats my best radio and its just under the weather i guess....

that is a VERY general question.

are you trying to match it to an amplifier?

how do you plan to adjust the deadkey?
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.