• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MIKE OF MIKE'S RADIO REPAIR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked on the squad, I used to get tired of the Funeral home only sending one person to retrieve the body. We were required to remain on scene of a DOA, until the Police or Coroner showed up. Frequently, the Funeral dude would show up and ask us to help him load the body up. After a few times, I told him he needs to start bringing a helper. They make enough to hire a helper.

I started while I was still in High School & got paid by the day & it was not much in the mid 70's & early 80's.There were only three employees & two of them were elderly including the owner of the place.I live in a small town & we had two funeral homes then & now we still only have Five.Guess we are still a small town. LOL It's a dying business for sure.You can be the Man with the Plan the Last friend to let you down.

SIX-SHOOTER

I'd say Boomers qualify up to 1969.

1). Boomers were draft-eligible for Vietnam. And already poisoned such that SAT scores fell off a cliff the year they first entered college.

Means that born post-1954: not a Boomer in the sense that matters.

2). The baby boom peak was 1957. Means that the worst recession since the Great Depression ruined your chances out the gate circa 1980. With a gigantic cohort scrambling for the same. Wages have since fallen 50%. This got that momentum rolling. Costs go up, but income flat-lined.

Everyone who earlier escaped into the adult world was able to take advantage of EVERY program public or private to leverage earnings/savings/learning before The Deluge. (The 1946-1954 group). As after 1980 only the top .01% saw earnings rise, taxes drop, and the invasion of Third World incompetentcy (thank you, Ronnie Reagan!!) as American companies & institutions were butchered to benefit that class.

3). What’s worth knowing about this idea of generations is the stupidity of anyone who believes it. Divide & Conquer. The Generation Gap. Etc. You, your father and grandfathers aren’t divided.

Your fortunes are tied to the welfare of your family. Wealth of any type builds across generations. “Inheritance” as to money is for Jews. Crass assholes with naught but this earth. And the mission to never work without the goal of parasitizing the efforts of others. Your wealth was knowledge acquired by learning to think. To build. To war. To multiply. Creativity, your birthright.

That, in a home that featured that do-it-all percussive instrument, a piano. Were you a tenor? A baritone? A bass? And on what instruments did you train? Woodwinds? Brass? Strings?

Does heaven or hell hear the coins clink? ‘Tis music that reaches heaven. Your real home. A duet with your sisters is what the sacrifices your grandparents made lit that stairway for them in hearing you. As they faded, the Glory of the West sang. Each stair step. (None else have this creativity at play).

Gen X or Y or Z is stating divisions which don’t exist. Fried dogshit on a bun isn’t a different menu choice where secret sauce vs jalapeños is the difference “you” (whomever) is postulating.

Throw out the TV. Choosing to be crippled is unseemly.

Next up: the Kardashians!

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357 and kopcicle
when-lm-dead-just-throw-me-in-the-trash-frank-55764399.png

LC

Reactions: undertaker
Friend of mine sent a radio to him over 9 months ago an has sent register letter to see about his radio with no response. Mike has done great work for me but am afraid to sent him anything else because of the lack of response. Hope he is doing well though.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
I feel I have to put my two cents in here about Mike's radio repair. we sent him a radio back in Jan,2019 got it back no problems paid for it before hand so we decided to send my husband's President Washington out expecting the same .We sent it in Feb of 2019 we have yet to get it back. I know things happen we sent him many many emails to every email we could find we called over and over even sent a certified letter which someone named steven signed for nothing. If you are too busy or something in your life has delayed you what is so hard about just shooting an email saying so or better yet send back the radio.If something awful happened jail or death let someone let customers know. So now he has the radio no response of any kind so in my opinion he has stolen it maybe we should drive to his home (2 hrs. away) and knock on his door. Come on Mike you are supposed to be a business man!

Okay here is my quick 2 cents worth. Mike is awesome, and talked with him on the phone a number of times. Though a couple of times this situation arrises and I hear nothing back from him for a long while. It's not a good thing but it happens!

I've sent "5" radios to him this last summer and he even confirmed to me he got them in my email. Not one word from him since back in August at this point, and I've tried loads of emails and phone texts, phone calls with NOTHING back from him ! Frustrating, aggrevating, and just a darn shame this happens... But he has never stolen anything from me, or anything of the sort... Though it does feel that way while waiting and waiting LOL... We just have to be patient and pray for him as well ! There in Fairfield he does have a life, and does help other people out time and time again which has nothing to do with CB or ham equipment folks !!!

73's - God is good, Retro

I never met him and I had nothing but good praise before this happened. If you are busy or life has come at you strong I'm sorry but being a business man he has an obligation to his customers. He could of posted saying I'm sorry but I'm way backed up please be patient or he could of posted please no more radios for awhile I'm backed up or at least sent the dam thing back at our cost but he hasn't given us a choice.Tell if he had your radio for almost a year and you went to all the trouble we did to reach him how would you feel.
<div>? when he fixed the first one he was right on the email to get paid which we did pay right away so why not a simple I'm very busy have your radio will get to it when I can or give us the option to have it back to take it somewhere else! NO ONE is so busy that can't take care of their customers we are who pays him I showed him respect until he refused to do the same to us! We even told him we were getting a lawyer no response.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.