• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mixing Crystal For Robyn T-240D ?

V8Vega

May 15, 2005
Phoenix Az.
Hello...
I bought a CBC INT. Expander 240 board and had the crystals made back in 02 and now I'm worried I made a mistake. I'm finally getting around to having my radio worked on and am concerned I bought the wrong crystals although I swear I asked Lou Franklin before I had the crystals made. The PLL is a msm5907. The radio uses 3 crystals-9.785MHz, 10.240MHz, and a 15.250MHz. I bought a 14.800MHz, 15.250MHz, and a 15.700MHz for the mixers. Did I pick the right crystal out as the mixer or was it one of the other two?
Thanks, Wayne.

you've got the right crystals.

the 9.785mhz crystal is your 1st IF frequency.
the 10.240mhz crystal is your reference frequency.

good luck with your mod, and seeing as there are no pics of the inside of this chassis on the net, that i could find anyway; how about posting some pics of your mod?

good luck with it,
LC

Right on! Thank you so much for the reply. I lost sleep this weekend over this. I will get some pictures up when it's all done and freshened up with some USA made vintage tubes. Thanks again.
Wayne.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.