• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MODIFYING SBE Console 6 for channels - best method ?

ExitThirteen thanks bro, Wow yeah but he did do as you just said but maybe not quite right maybe or something hmmmmm, it took him a long time to finish the radio with not enough or incorrect documents and this channel bit was the last thing of the day so perhaps he grew too tired and didn't get it quite right, but I feel it's kinda odd some since he's been at it for so many years. We're all human though, so he's in the know already as I called him today. I just aquired the SBE Console 6 official manual today in paper form so there is some block diagrams and off the PLL and the original schematic... So we'll see...... But I'll tell him it's similar or very close to the Pace 1000B pc board ... I thought about getting that rig too, the 40 channel one as they are more rare and I assume that is the one you've got, not the 23 channel.

Retro

It's not working as it should so far ExitThirteen. He did readjust after but apparently not right or something, I wished I knew what... I'm growing restless some over this. Everybody keeps saying (taking the lazy route) oh it's easy go to CB Tricks secret books pffffft yeah okay but need more info I guess be specific ... I want to be prepared for when I go back later this month to him with proven documents ......

Growing tired but hopeful but thanks, Retro JIMBO

It's not working as it should so far ExitThirteen. He did readjust after but apparently not right or something, I wished I knew what... I'm growing restless some over this. Everybody keeps saying (taking the lazy route) oh it's easy go to CB Tricks secret books pffffft yeah okay but need more info I guess be specific ... I want to be prepared for when I go back later this month to him with proven documents ......

Growing tired but hopeful but thanks, Retro JIMBO

Hello, I'm checking around on channel mods for the SBE Console 6 deluxe base station ! I am wondering also about that mod where the channel readout shows channels up to 99 on this radio I've heard about ?

So what is some good methods for modding the SBE Console 6 for channels above 40 ? I need documents ! Pictures and knowledge on better ways to add extra channels for the SBE Console VI (6) please !

I assume clarifier opening is easy enough though if I need that done...

Thanks for any info I can really use, Retro 73's
I realise this is an old thread but if you found a mod for the console vi that uses a diode on the controller board it will give 99 channels from low 26Mhz up into higher 27Mhz 27605 or so

I have performed this mod a long time ago and I no longer have the diagram.

If you attempt the mod use grounded iron and ground yourself the cpu is very susceptible to static.

It works well nice bit of kit

I realise this is an old thread but if you found a mod for the console vi that uses a diode on the controller board it will give 99 channels from low 26Mhz up into higher 27Mhz 27605 or so

I have performed this mod a long time ago and I no longer have the diagram.

If you attempt the mod use grounded iron and ground yourself the cpu is very susceptible to static.

It works well nice bit of kit

Appriciate the reply but yeah I have the documentation now. Looking into it deeper and have seen it operation, it's quite sweet !

73's

Sweet glad you found it.

Would you be able to send on the details for my records, I had a couple of major life events and am having to start again, thats why I could not forward the instuctions.
Cheers

Sweet glad you found it.

Would you be able to send on the details for my records, I had a couple of major life events and am having to start again, thats why I could not forward the instuctions.
Cheers
Send me a private message and I'll try to get my email to you to pass it to ya at some point.

73's

This is one of my older posts yes... I've had a low miles SBE Console 6 put in the 99 channel mod, and the VCO is kinda schetchy it seems not wanting to lock in on the frequencys this mod gives. A bit aggrevated atm so looking for input to possibly help. I didn't want this to turn into a money pit radio but it's headed that direction.

Currently it gets only 2 ch below 1 and goes to ch 68 which is not bad but not the full scope of this mod.

Another point I want to try to drive home here, is I've got 2 versions kinda of the 99 ch mod, one from CB Tricks, and another from a great friend ... The main differences is from what I can tell, the CB Tricks version uses half the CAPS ! I'll give the link again but it's already in this post and adding a pic of the other version from my friend...

http://cbtricks.com/pub/secret_cb/vol_08/graphics/secret_cb_vol_08_pg14.pdf

73's hope to get some good feedback/help, Retro

Attachments

• SBE Conole VI 99 ch mod.jpg
    SBE Conole VI 99 ch mod.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 27
Hello, I'm checking around on channel mods for the SBE Console 6 deluxe base station ! I am wondering also about that mod where the channel readout shows channels up to 99 on this radio I've heard about ?

So what is some good methods for modding the SBE Console 6 for channels above 40 ? I need documents ! Pictures and knowledge on better ways to add extra channels for the SBE Console VI (6) please !

I assume clarifier opening is easy enough though if I need that done...

Thanks for any info I can really use, Retro 73's
Sorry I can not supply more specific directions. (Lost everything including my console VI 20 years ago) however this mod is easy, adding 1 diode to the control board.

Excellent grounding is needed when performing the mod otherwise POOF, try and replace those chips today :)

She broadbands out nicely.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.