• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Monitor

Ziploc

Mar 19, 2016
Hey guys, I thought I read on hear before how to set a spare radio up in the mobile the see how you really sound over the air? I know the monitor radio won’t have an antenna but how close is the sound to reality? My trusted ears aren’t always on and the drivers on 19 don’t know what good sounds like

I've been using local SDR stations quite a bit. In listening to myself and other stations they seem to give a pretty realistic idea of how you sound on the air.

http://kiwisdr.com/public/

A spare radio works but I prefer to hear a receiving station some distance away as it sounds quite different than a radio sitting 2 feet away.

Before SDR I used to do a lot of video recording on the base while I drove around or I'd set up a live stream and listen to myself on the phone.

I've been using local SDR stations quite a bit. In listening to myself and other stations they seem to give a pretty realistic idea of how you sound on the air.

http://kiwisdr.com/public/

A spare radio works but I prefer to hear a receiving station some distance away as it sounds quite different than a radio sitting 2 feet away.

Before SDR I used to do a lot of video recording on the base while I drove around or I'd set up a live stream and listen to myself on the phone.
Thank you . If I set up a spare radio antenna in the car how far out do you ride around to get an idea . Around town ? Miles away?

I've been using local SDR stations quite a bit. In listening to myself and other stations they seem to give a pretty realistic idea of how you sound on the .

I am fortunate to have a KiwiSDR about a half a mile from me as the RF flies. Best talkback going.........

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
808 on the North Side bending that needle!!

You been entertaining friends & family with a good ol’ boy accent gotten from working the ray-dee-oh?

Placing the drive-thru Starbucks family order is never more fun, . . comin’ back atcha!

Good rookie practice against the day you make it to Tennessee to place your Exit 87 BBQ order of a fried bologna luncheon from sixteen-miles out. (Those girls are a hoot).

And someday, . . to join the big boys south of the Chicory Line in Louisiana for the daiquiri drive-thru. Layin’ it ALL out across the airwaves ‘fore God and Man. Swagger with Stagger.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated