• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Monster Transformer Cores

Unit 148

Unit 148 Mobile CYPRUS
Sep 29, 2010
London, UK
www.transmittersrus.com
Are there any manufacturers left that produce monster cores like these beauty's:

TomitaD12a.jpg

I'm trying to convert the pdf data sheet of this Japanese company into a jpg but not having much luck.

Will try later.

The company have ceased producing these cores.

Dishtronix purchased the last 500 pcs for this baby: Dishtronix - Prometheus

Unit 148

Are there any manufacturers left that produce monster cores like these beauty's:

TomitaD12a.jpg

I'm trying to convert the pdf data sheet of this Japanese company into a jpg but not having much luck.

Will try later.

Unit 148

Make your own!

Go shopping for the correct "Mix" and size, find some copper tubing and make your custom sized transformers by placing the ferrite core on the copper tubes and, soldering one end of the tubes together; this is where you are going to connect your "Vcc" voltage.

On the other ends, you connect the collectors of the output devices and the bases to the similiarly made input transformers.

You will probably have to experiment with the number of turns of wire on the secondary side of the transformer.

TomitaD12a.jpg

Will try later.

Unit 148

Needless to say I'm impressed with that amp. Did you check out the 12 kilowatt (KVA) power supply for legal limit plus? This is unprecedented in any amateur amp. The Siamese core broadband RF transformers are very similar to what is being used in many HF base rigs like Kenwood, Icom, and Yeasu. If you do some online research you can probably come up with a part number and call one of these companys. Although they may be hesitant to sell you 20 of them.

I'm sure Kenwood, Yaesu etc really won't be too interested in selling individual parts from their circuit boards.

The cores above are from a Jap company: TOMITA ELECTRIC CO., LTD. Ferrite Cores, Electronic Components.

however they have ceased production as I've stated above.

What do you think of this:

heatsinkonferrite.jpg

The thin metal tabs between the cores are like small heat sink fins to cool trafo structure. It is VERY effective.

Unit 148

Of course any of these companies will sell you discrete PC board components for any of their equipment parts are still stocked on. You give them the part number and the money and they will send you the part. Now, if you make it clear you are building an amp by your parts list, you may be caught out.

RE: PROMETHEUS AMP _ $10,250.00 + OPTIONS

Back when I was into drag racing, there was a saying, " You can't beat cubic inches."

Now that I'm into radioin', I guess the saying should be, " You can´t beat Cubic money ! "

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.