• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

More Proof Yaesu Makes Junk!

i bought 2 ftm 7250 dr yaesus,1 worked fine. other 1 was on the fedex truck more than i had it in my posession. the parts exchangers at yaesu said it was me.finally i got 1 to put it in his car n use it for couple days.it came home fixed. 6 trips to california to get fixed

6 trips to california to get fixed

Oh that's sad...

Helps provide another reason for their Prop 65 warning...

You know, the one that says...
upload_2021-1-27_9-18-5.png

Those poor Yaesu workers don't want to become sterile...

It's can be thought of as the "Life Cereal" with Mikey, he liked it, until one day - he got sick of Life...

Then they had to do another commercial using another kid as the test subject...

No one in that repair facility in California will repair it because they think it will harm them.

I guess Yaesu will have to relocate their repair facility to another state so they can fix it - where it won't.

Reactions: Crawdad and Rwb
Oh that's sad...

Helps provide another reason for their Prop 65 warning...

You know, the one that says...

Those poor Yaesu workers don't want to become sterile...

It's can be thought of as the "Life Cereal" with Mikey, he liked it, until one day - he got sick of Life...

Then they had to do another commercial using another kid as the test subject...

No one in that repair facility in California will repair it because they think it will harm them.

I guess Yaesu will have to relocate their repair facility to another state so they can fix it - where it won't.
they reproduced too much now andy haha

Reactions: Handy Andy
They can't be trusted enough to purchase anything new, that hasn't been given at least a year on the market, to expose all manufacturing defects.
2nd this...

Because when they switched to SMD - their Thru-Hole chassis became more valuable than gold - Discrete's won that battle because of their durability.

Comes from experience using these (Yaesu) on Field Day, for several years as well as other "Hunts" and CAP runs.

The older discrete's simply last, period - the newer SMD due to the "revision of soldering techniques" meaning they tried to find the best non-Pb (Pb-free alloys) each generation AFTER they went to SMD - and to this day - still have issues with thermal stuff - expansion coefficient errors in keeping the part and the board connected when they do heat up during operational TX cycles - fails on the field - make you remember what not to use the next time.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
2nd this...

Because when they switched to SMD - their Thru-Hole chassis became more valuable than gold - Discrete's won that battle because of their durability.

Comes from experience using these (Yaesu) on Field Day, for several years as well as other "Hunts" and CAP runs.

The older discrete's simply last, period - the newer SMD due to the "revision of soldering techniques" meaning they tried to find the best non-Pb (Pb-free alloys) each generation AFTER they went to SMD - and to this day - still have issues with thermal stuff - expansion coefficient errors in keeping the part and the board connected when they do heat up during operational TX cycles - fails on the field - make you remember what not to use the next time.
you darn sure got that correct andy

They can't be trusted enough to purchase anything new, that hasn't been given at least a year on the market, to expose all manufacturing defects.
Well that goes for anything electronic. From computers to radios even cars. Its not just yaesu. I am a yaesu guy and proud of it. My ftdx3000d, ftdx101d, ftdx10 and ft891 all are outstanding radios. Love em! I HATE YAESU! Hahahaha, just stop. If you dont like them than so be it. No need to spread hate and discontent. I dont care for icom too much, it doesn't make me run around crying i hate icom, worthless garbage. Nope, its just not for me

Well that goes for anything electronic. From computers to radios even cars. Its not just yaesu. I am a yaesu guy and proud of it. My ftdx3000d, ftdx101d, ftdx10 and ft891 all are outstanding radios. Love em! I HATE YAESU! Hahahaha, just stop. If you dont like them than so be it. No need to spread hate and discontent. I dont care for icom too much, it doesn't make me run around crying i hate icom, worthless garbage. Nope, its just not for me
Having done factory warranty work for Yaesu at Lentini communicatins for a decade, I'm well qualified to point out they are in the leed by far in terms of releasing equipment for sale with defects. To add insult to injury, the company is highly resistant to fixing their mistakes or publishing service bulletins, to facilitate repairs.

Having not learned my lesson and getting stuck with two new Yaesu radios that converted into paper weights, makes me even more qualified to talk junk about them. Need more? How about when you pay them to go back and fix their defect, they only change the parts that failed, without ever correcting the defective shielding that causes the radio to oscilate in TX and destroy its weak drivers.

So my drivers burnt out again and the second $200 LCD went to all "zebra stripes" on its first winter in the car. Then when you troubleshoot down to component level to replace an IF filter that shorted due to an omitted DC blocking cap (something the parts own datasheet clearly says not to omit), Yaesu can't even be bothered to fill your parts order...

Last edited:
And if you re-read my statement @groundwire ...

You'll see that the effort of my post is not to truly "Bash" Yeasu - it is really from the lack of consideration from the radio manufacturing umbrella of companies - this puts Yeasu inclusive, for the backing of their products knowing their shortcomings in efforts of durability on the field.

IF you produce a lemon, try to make lemonade - Keep producing Lemons the problem with that is, you will run out of sugar eventually.

Or perhaps learning not to change horses in mid-stream - not a good idea to struggle against strong currents while underway equates the Thru-Hole versus SMD argument; Discrete's gives the field tech the edge in getting back up and running far faster than to pay up front shipping handling only to get it returned with a note saying could not recreate condition of customer complaint - with it being returned in the same condition You wasted a radio, field day ,your time and money - for a bitter wheel - chock ending.

Understand that the construction of ALL said equipment is not in question. the Quality of effort put into them to keep their reliability - when they use a different method of assembly and their failure to back their warranty on it - is.

My beef was/is with the SMD versus Discrete - the changeover without truly testing or providing the service level needed to overcome said problems with earlier generation SMD equipment - was, and is, :mad: VERY evident - as if they knew a problem was going to occur.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
And if you re-read my statement @groundwire ...

You'll see that the effort of my post is not to truly "Bash" Yeasu - it is really from the lack of consideration from the radio manufacturing umbrella of companies - this puts Yeasu inclusive, for the backing of their products knowing their shortcomings in efforts of durability on the field.

IF you produce a lemon, try to make lemonade - Keep producing Lemons the problem with that is, you will run out of sugar eventually.

Or perhaps learning not to change horses in mid-stream - not a good idea to struggle against strong currents while underway equates the Thru-Hole versus SMD argument; Discrete's gives the field tech the edge in getting back up and running far faster than to pay up front shipping handling only to get it returned with a note saying could not recreate condition of customer complaint - with it being returned in the same condition You wasted a radio, field day ,your time and money - for a bitter wheel - chock ending.

Understand that the construction of ALL said equipment is not in question. the Quality of effort put into them to keep their reliability - when they use a different method of assembly and their failure to back their warranty on it - is.

My beef was/is with the SMD versus Discrete - the changeover without truly testing or providing the service level needed to overcome said problems with earlier generation SMD equipment - was, and is, :mad: VERY evident - as if they knew a problem was going to occur.

Based not on radios but in the quality of other goods (car parts) it’s my contention that after manufacturing was moved overseas that competition for the American market pushed quality upwards awhile (can cite examples).

However, once some winners were clear, the number of competing firms was reduced to a minimum. Since then (and with the 2008 financial crisis still upon us) the ability of Americans to pay would soon be ending.

Thus, there’s no good reason to throw away money which will not see a return on the investment. America as we’ve known it hasn’t got a future similar to the one we’re accustomed to believing.

Make things only good enough to keep the pipeline open as long as is feasible.

For us it means, buy it while you can still get it.

Reactions: Rwb
I have a FT 1000D and a FT 2000D and both have been nothing but a great radio so far. Any brand whether its radios trucks refrigerators or whatever has their issues in my experience.
Well, the 1000D is an excellent radio. So much so, I'm looking for another clean one to install my AM mods. That and the TS- 940 are my two all time favorite HF rigs for two reasons. They are reliable, top performers for decades and when they fail, I'm still able to fix anything I want inside. Yaesu certainly made lots of good equipment but they also have many duds that took revisions to correct after the sale.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated