• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

moron on 28.425

I go down on

CB channel 28am and 38lsb with my 148gtl and say hello to a few friends,and get a kick out of a idiot on 16am that was run off all the rptrs and ham bands for burning everyone with bad deals.Not going to say his call or name,but he gets on there and hangs carriers and plays noises on everyone,a extra smokey hunter we call him...hehe has a 700 wt radio and 3 wt brain...hehe 73

I logged 5 NEW 10-10 Contacts on 03-15-2012.
WA6DON
PJ2/DK5ON
N0BZ
KB5NJY
WA6UDR
So that just proves my type of operation on 10 Meters Works because I really didn't expect to make but 3 New 10-10 contacts on 03-15-2012.

catch you all tommorrow on 28.425!!!

Todd

... and what about the station with a VALID 10-10 number,that you told to get off the freq?

the number/callsign WAS valid,.............. YOUR records are incorrect
</P>

We have a bunch in this area who follow the same shtick: Raise hell with the 11M crowd, go back to 10 and act like nothing happened. Their buddies cover for them (of course). Only problem is that a lot of the offendees have export radios and/or VHF ham transceivers and will bring the fight into the ham bands.

Those of us who use both services are naturally caught in the crossfire. (rolleyes)

Same here,
Most are self proclaimed "CB'ers who have seen the errors of their ways and upgraded". In other words they found a few people who "helped" them get their license. Now they spend days camped out on 10M SSB ragging on the 11M guys.

Funny thing is how they have brought their "evil ways" with them to Ham Radio. Same people, same bad habits. But I guess forming a club, and having a Net makes it all better. :LOL:

is that what you did?Had to ask,hehe...never heard anyone on here ask that before...or say that... hehe

LOL I hear you.
No, I started out on 11M a LONG time ago. Got my first CB from a pawn shop when I was 12. Cost me $18 and 9 weeks of lunch money. :eek:
I keep a Cobra 148 in the shack and chat with some of the local boys from time to time.

Got my Ham Ticket 20 years ago, it was the new Technician license. From there I got the Tech+ (5 WPM code), General with 13WPM code, Advanced, then after getting the 20WPM cert I got my Extra just before they dropped the code requirement. Does this make me a better "Ham" than others? Hell no.
What makes anyone "good" is their behavior. I know guys that have run 11M all their lives and have forgot more about radio than I have learned in 20 years.

My point was just the absurdity of some 11M "Hams", not picking on anyone brother.

yep...

I got my 1st cb in 1967,a Citiphone cd5...Then got a new SBE am/ssb in 1970,and didnt run much am after that,even mbl ran a Siltronix ssb 23 plus mbl...took the tech and novice test..never wanted to go higher,and didnt have the time,was a cop in my town and worked many long hours,and no time to study.So after the meth lab fire that has me on oxygen 24/7 been busy trying to get dxcc on 10/12/17/20 and nets on 75...73 de n0zna

Reactions: 1 person
after getting the 20WPM cert I got my Extra just before they dropped the code requirement. Does this make me a better "Ham" than others?
Lefty -
Back in the day, there were a lot of wannabe amateurs who were technically proficient, but couldn't hack the code requirement (myself included). The code test was what separated the men from the boys (so to speak), and made having an amateur license meaningful. Now, with no code requirement and the drawdown of the technical content of the tests, just about anyone who can read and has even a drizzle of common sense can pass the tech exam. 20WPM capability doesn't make you a better ham, but it sure makes you a real one.

-399 (another lefty)

So after the meth lab fire that has me on oxygen 24/7 been busy trying to get dxcc on 10/12/17/20 and nets on 75...73 de n0zna

God bless you sir, hope those meth heads enjoy their little corner of hell. *Don`t do it*

73!

Lefty -
Back in the day, there were a lot of wannabe amateurs who were technically proficient, but couldn't hack the code requirement (myself included). The code test was what separated the men from the boys (so to speak), and made having an amateur license meaningful. Now, with no code requirement and the drawdown of the technical content of the tests, just about anyone who can read and has even a drizzle of common sense can pass the tech exam. 20WPM capability doesn't make you a better ham, but it sure makes you a real one.

-399 (another lefty)

I was not for and still am not for the abolishing the code requirement altogether.
I was for a code free entry level license with a bit more HF privileges. What gets me is the stupidity of publishing the question pool along with the answers.
Oh well... :bdh:

73!

yes i think they should kept

the five words a min.I is silly also that they post the questions and ans.I was a tech plus for 17 yrs...didnt care to go higher,liked 6 mtrs alot...73 de n0zna

Here's another one for the Ham Wall of Shame

Larry Stafford, N7WBU in Tucson

Is on CB channel 14 all day long as 427 Big Block - Crybaby

Broken record spewing anti- (current President) tripe and otherwise disrupting the channel of normal conversation operations.

Shame on you too

My log shows I've worked him twice in the past. I now have him check marked as a TURD.

LOL! i too had him on there Twice and his HOt sounding lady friend. CQ TEN CQ TEN..... Annoying as ever, one day i heard people blasting him and i never understood why? so i am not the only hammie who doesnt like hearing this twat on 10m. Crush him with a CB handi talki in his front yard!:bdh:

Sometimes this guy comes in at 9+ and it sucks, he is a member of 10-10 which is super cool but to do it for 2 hours straight....:eek::confused::censored:

Here's your sign<proof>

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated