• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Most Popular Freeband Frequencies

Plenty of LEGAL Frequencies so I see no need for any Free Band Frequencies.I Love Amateur Radio & all of the Privileges it provides me.More Frequencies that I will ever need in my lifetime & two or three more if I had them.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Justme
Plenty of LEGAL Frequencies so I see no need for any Free Band Frequencies.I Love Amateur Radio & all of the Privileges it provides me.More Frequencies that I will ever need in my lifetime & two or three more if I had them.

SIX-SHOOTER
Right but there has always been bootlegging ever since cb was started.

In the 4-5 yrs around the peak of the cycle, anywhere from 27.420 to 27.670, I would say that 60% of the operators that I talk to around the world are ham op's. Which this is not a bad thing, for I do have some very nice qso's with them.

In the last cycle I did find a few stations from Kirghizistan and Russia operating at 27.195 usb.

One more thing; why is it called freeband anyway? I have never seen anywhere that the FCC has given this portion of the 11 meters away for free to use.

I use to spend a lot of time on the frequencies above 405 back in the 80's. But now days with much less people on CB, there isn't the need to go up there anymore. Heck around here, people are only ever on LSB. All the USB's are unused.

Right but there has always been bootlegging ever since cb was started.

They STILL BOOTLEG where I live & have for well over 100 years but they don't make as much Sour Mass as they once did & it's STILL Illegal.I don't know if they use radios or not but they do use a lot of Copper Pipe that would make great antennas but they look more like a Choke. {:>) LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Mikey D.
They STILL BOOTLEG where I live & have for well over 100 years but they don't make as much Sour Mass as they once did & it's STILL Illegal.I don't know if they use radios or not but they do use a lot of Copper Pipe that would make great antennas but they look more like a Choke. {:>) LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

Thats the DX I want to get ahold of...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.