• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Most Popular Freeband Frequencies

what about other HF bands? 160-10m or even lower than 160m Where do people hang out that are considered to be 'FREEBAND'

The HF "entertainment" pirates mostly operate right below 40 meters. Freqs like 6955, 6925, 6875.....in between those areas. You can search for more pirate activity on the net. Sometimes they may show up on those main freqs for chit chat if they're bored and no programs are on. Saturday evenings most popular time to hear shows.

Way back in the day some guys use to freeband right below 6 meters in 49mhz and accordingly called themselves the "49'ers" Have no idea if there is any activity there now.

You can hear alot of talking above and below 40 and 80 meters that is or is attributed to commercial fishermen chatting with each other.

Reactions: L2
49 MHz is the frequency that all the old baby monitors used to use... I can see it now. Fisher Price baby monitor running into a 1.5kw amp and a 4 element 6 meter beam

Reactions: WECSOG
I've noticed no one mentioned Am, Well Here in The Sho-Me-State, And Surrounding States, There some of us that do some Dxing on 26.915 Am. And I do believe in the next 2 weeks, There will be The 915 Fest in Branson Mo. Every year this does attract a lot of Operators-Ham/CB.

Reactions: NZ8N
49 MHz is the frequency that all the old baby monitors used to use... I can see it now. Fisher Price baby monitor running into a 1.5kw amp and a 4 element 6 meter beam

I prefer the other way around. Even with just my 100 watts into a six element 6m yagi at 42 feet I could hear all sorts of complaints from several baby monitors when I got on 6m. Those baby monitors were so wide band it wasn't funny. Used to be a cordless phone user nearby that would get whacked whenever I was on 6m too. :D

Reactions: 1 person
27.455 LSB and 27.505 LSB are popular in E/NE central Iowa.

We do have a few that hang out on 26.915 AM as well. And the coyote hunters run 26.815 AM, most of them have those old Midland AM radios with the Cybernet PLL02A chassis in them, easy to modify for the lowers.

~Cheers~

I've noticed no one mentioned Am, Well Here in The Sho-Me-State, And Surrounding States, There some of us that do some Dxing on 26.915 Am. And I do believe in the next 2 weeks, There will be The 915 Fest in Branson Mo. Every year this does attract a lot of Operators-Ham/CB.
Is this happening on the weekend, and which dates?

Is this happening on the weekend, and which dates?

The 26915 Radio Club Upcoming Events

Address: 1700 W Hwy 76
Branson, MO 65616 US

Phone: Phone: 417-334-1000

Branson.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
God you could hold ukcb club reunions in a telephone box nowadays.

That's only IF you could find a telephone box. Do they still use those in the Motherland?

They were called Telephone Booths here in the states but they have totally disappeared years ago with the advent of cell phones

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.