• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Most Popular Freeband Frequencies

I am more interested in frequencies that are lower in the HF bands. I understand there is stuff near 40m

Yep, already posted for you. You will hear activity both above and below 40M up/down 250khz. Casual chit chatters use it as well as the pirates. There is no specific frequency necessarily. Tune around. You might hear something, you might not. It takes time. There is no "freebanding QSO on demand" unless you make a schedule to meet somebody there.

A good friend of mine turned me on to 26.915 AM. Lots of really nice, no BS guys there that like to talk DX, and not just to "wave a hand". They like to carry on a conversation, talk about equipment and setup, and generally shoot the breeze as long as conditions hold before signing off. (I get a little weary of the dx contest type QSO's). 27.425 LSB has gotten popular in the north central Texas area, from Fort Worth/Dallas up to Wichita Falls and Lawton, Oklahoma.

I'm interested in the other bands, since I have the capability, but have not ever found anyone where they are "supposed to be" on some of the lower band frequencies.

RT307

Reactions: 1 person
900mhz, 300khz, plenty of freeband space between 12m-10m hihi ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

That's only IF you could find a telephone box. Do they still use those in the Motherland?

They were called Telephone Booths here in the states but they have totally disappeared years ago with the advent of cell phones

there's still a few here, most nowadays are credit card based, a few of the old ones were sold off to Aberdeen council, they stuck a couple of sheep in each and declared them leisure centres for the locals.:eek:

203527_238667189504999_2878308_n.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.