• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mother Nature or No?

Feb 4, 2015
ok been having swr issues with Imax tuning from the factory, bought antenna new so i figured after reading a bit that it might be the tuning rings.So of course a little nervous to touch them but really had no choice,as my swr on cb band was nearly a 2.0...ok so i get to turning rings and checking and after about 4 hours of doing this with only a watt meter my patience ran very thin. I could only get it to 1.8 on ch 1 and 20, ch40 was the best at 1.2....i gave up and waited about a day or so to get back at it....i checked my swr yesterday and the whole band is sitting at 1.4 and im thinking wtf and hasn't moved which is very good, but im thinking i still have the same trees, didnt change the location nothing was moved....has this happened to any of you and btw i just bought the swr analyzer to further my tuning on this antenna and tune it better cause using a wattmeter only is a little silly...314

DITTO on the analyzer, once you get that in your hands then you will get where you want to be on tuning that antenna.

I would suspect the coax, or the connectors, inspect for good solder connections and no shorts.

also how old is this coax? Is it corroded or been exposed to the weather and perhaps has water intrusion?

Reactions: Sideways
Water in the antenna maybe? Imax's and a99's are notorious for it, that's why they have the weep hole in the bottom. Had any bad weather lately?

yeah its been snowing off and on but i went ahead and ordered lmr 400 just to get rid of the rg213

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated