• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motor Mouth Maul Being Heard With Kids $5 Walkie Talkie

So did the PTT buttons, battery compartment doors, and other extraneous protrusions.

I hope your Lloyd's units were as durable as my old Viscount 100 mW, channel 14, **full 23 channel receive -- all at once!** jobs. They took a beatin' and kept on QRM'in.'

Don't you mean " kept on getting QRM'ed " ?

my dad gave my son a set of Walkie Talkie they operate on 27.145 they pic up every thing from ch 19 to 6

This is crazy, my kids came and woke me up out of a nap saying daddy daddy we hear people talking on our walkie talkie, are they talking back to us.

I got out of bed and listened very closely and heard a man say, "The West Coast Beast Got Down!" I was thinking, no way lol no way....so I started my video recorder to document this.

Just imagine how many other kids on the East Coast yesterday was listening to the Super Bowl, 27.025 MHz on therd Dollar General $5 Walkie Talkies.

Here is the link to the video, check it out:
Watch "Motor Mouth Maul Heard In Ga On $5 Walkie Talkie" on YouTube
Motor Mouth Maul Heard In Ga On $5 Walkie Talkie: Motor Mouth Maul Heard In Ga On $5 Walkie Talkie - YouTube

Know the feeling
131 mustang radio on kids walkie talkie: 131 mustang radio on kids walkie talkie - YouTube

The receiver in these kids walkie talkies have no selectivity and poor sensitivity. The IF section uses no filtering so that they can receive the entire band. The designers knew the things wouldn't talk to hardly anyone so to keep the kids from getting bored they did their best to give them something to listen to.

We should expect them to hear the strongest stations. It doesn't matter if they happen to be 1200 miles away in DX. Picking up someone 10 miles away is much harder for these units although it doesn't seem as impressive.

Reactions: 2 people
The designers knew the things wouldn't talk to hardly anyone so to keep the kids from getting bored they did their best to give them something to listen to.

Interesting theory. However, I think, in actuality, the designers' intentions weren't all that altruistic; they more likely wanted to manufacture something as inexpensively and easily assembled as possible.

I should have bought the kids a cobra and antenna instead of a computer with dial up AOL I think of all the $hit and mass Kaoss they would have caused instead of aol pulling the plug on us for the kids shutting down chat rooms with illegal chat room programs......

Brings back memories. RAINMAN, CRIS, and an overhead or internal acocunt and you were in biz. Although most just ran script kiddie "proggies". They had some major security issues then.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.