• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Moxon Rectangle

Thanks, Chief. I missed those threads. Guess I should have used the search first. I've been thinking of building a 40 meter Moxon, just for grins and kick. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Rich

Hello Hamin X:

There is a local about 25 miles from who has built one of these antennas. He has a very low in the Mud local signal, but does do well shooting skip to all over the world.

I only see a few dB difference when it is turned around in azmith.

He uses a 1:1 current Balun to feed the antenna. But its only like 5 or 6 feet off the ground, and is mounted horizontal.

I would think that thats its low cost and many ways of making it would be worth experimenting with it.

Lets all know how you make out on 40

Jay in the Mojave

Hamin' X said:
Moxon Antenna Project

I've been doing some research on this antenna and it looks promising. I use wire antennas at home, exclusively, because I enjoy trying different things (and I'm cheap). Anyone here make one of these? Any comments?

Rich

is this a moxon antenna?

781blw3.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.