• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MRF455 daughterboard

Mar 22, 2008
Tried to toner transfer but that was giving me a hard time so I went and tried another free software. Still need to learn the whole 3d modeling though. Hope the hole gets drilled out correctly.
57C26408-ECB0-4840-BC5B-76FF8B0E3834_jpeg.jpg HG MRF455.png d0884c6db6506c0f7f9f7cc263893f3d.png ef7eb9854994539dae2d416264205b3f.png

If you still haven't got it by the end of the year I'll just cut one :)
I have the art and code but the machine is tied up for about the next ....
I sent the order in, board house normally takes 3 weeks round trip

Keep in mind the picture of the board shown here was designed to replace the MRF477 transistor in HR-2510 style radios. The MRF477 has a pinout of Base, Emitter, Collector rather than the standard Base, Collector, Emitter found with all other finals used in CB's. Using the layout on this board to replace transistors other than the MRF477 will not work.

I just noticed the transistor you show is an HG MRF454. I'm real curious as to how the inside of this transistor looks compared to their 2SC2879... If anyone blows one up, be sure and post the guts please.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the picture of the board shown here was designed to replace the MRF477 transistor in HR-2510 style radios. The MRF477 has a pinout of Base, Emitter, Collector rather than the standard Base, Collector, Emitter found with all other finals used in CB's. Using the layout on this board to replace transistors other than the MRF477 will not work.

I just noticed the transistor you show is an HG MRF454. I'm real curious as to how the inside of this transistor looks compared to their 2SC2879... If anyone blows one up, be sure and post the guts please.
I got a few 2510’s with bad finals and I’m using my Lincoln for reference. A few of the amp builders are repairing HG amps , sounds like something they’d make a video of the insides of one

Reactions: Shockwave
2912C201-6BA6-4A63-9D92-AF18D42DCBE2.jpeg Received the PCBs from board place , looks like I need to adjust a few things , guess that’s why the first order is never the final order lol. Board is too long to clear the lid but the MRF heatsink fits like a glove . Making the fingers a little wider also.

At a watt or less input drive the 1446 looks to have more gain then a 455 or a 454
MRF gain.png

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.