• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MUD DUCK amp any one no about

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
i have a amp that i purchased from a guy way back in 1982 it actually has MUD DUCK painted real nice on the cover as well as the name on the knobs. its a really nice cabnet and its a tube unit. DK 750 and swings around 1200 if i remember correctly. i really never new of or saw of another amp called MUD DUCK. the box is 10"x8"x14". it has a switch for ssb/am two hi-low switches a modulation light and three tuning knobs one on the side and two in the front. it is a well made box with a nice ventalated mesh top. could some one tell me if its somthing that was made by DR CBSTIEN in his garage or was manufactured by a company. not working now but would love to get it back up and running been out of service for about 15 years.

mud duck

High Miler said:
Yeah I'd like to see it myself... Could be some Home brew job by an old Tech that wanted to have fun with the name "Mud Duck"!

:D
thatswhat throws me off. the box is well done with the name painted on in a way that it matches the lables over the tuning knobs its all uniformed. i am going to get a friend of mine that is good with loading pics to take one and put it up. i also was woundring that maybe it was a ham job the guy i bought it from use to work on amps for every one here in the wash dc area and he sold it for some one else to me. maybe its a brand name unit but some one just wanted change the name so no one else new what he had in his shack.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.