• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My 11 Meter Station...

T23

Apr 17, 2010
Here's a look at my 11 meter station...Notice all the equipment is of the 1970's era.

T23

Attachments

• DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 267

yeah, yeah, like state birds, trees, flowers, etc .......... Spam is the state meat for Hawaii! You can buy that stuff at about any restaurant, fixed many ways.

Oh, I forgot to mention the model of each piece of equipment...

The Base is a Cobra89XLR

The SWR Meter is a Micronta ( made by Tandy for the Radio Shack Corperation )

The Mic is a Turner Super Sidekick Power mic.

T23

yeah, yeah, like state birds, trees, flowers, etc .......... Spam is the state meat for Hawaii! You can buy that stuff at about any restaurant, fixed many ways.

Most of the spam produced in manufactured in Fremont Nebraska by the Hormel Foods Group so for your thinking to have any credence it would have to follow common sense that it must be native to his state.

A long way for that to migrate.

Heh..can't believe more hype over canned meat then my station.... I bet the Administrater changes this forum to the "Worldwide Canned Meat " forum...:laugh:

T23

I am trying to debate wether to use this rig as a base or to use my JCPenny 6247/SSB/DC with a power supply...dont know...

T23

I'm having the spam spam spam spam eggs sausage bacon and spam.:LOL:

I used to work for a large hog operation here in Colorado and at that time we produced breeding stock for PIC and all the non breeders(barrows) were delivered exclusively to Hormel and Wickman in Fremont NE and toured the Hormel facility there and it was remarkable how it's produced and canned which were cooked and sealed in a revolving steam oven.

The day I toured the facility they were producing Spam for export to Japan and seeing that label was interesting to say the least and don't get me started on the little Smokies.:p:

I am trying to debate wether to use this rig as a base or to use my JCPenny 6247/SSB/DC with a power supply...dont know...

T23

I owned that same radio for awhile and it was a really nice sounding rig and pretty stable on ssb, well as soon as I aligned it in ssb.

jcpenny0qf.jpg

Is the mic wiring 4-pin standard? I know its 4-pin but is it cobra standard? I got the radio with its orginal mic and thats all I used it with, so I dont know...

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.