• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new toy.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
Well now I have gone and done it. Yup, I pulled the trigger finally. For the past couple weeks I have been debating buying a new lawn tractor to replace the old 25 horsepower V-twin Craftsman I currently have. It still works well but won't last forever and NOW is the time to look forward to my years beyond retirement which is still a few years away. The problem is that the Craftsman also has a nice large snowblower attachment that does wonders for the snow in the driveway and I will surely miss that. I started looking at a couple different larger lawn mowers from Cub Cadet and Kubota but turned to the John Deere line. I had considered the X300 line at first as they are nice and will accept either a front plow or snowblower as well. I had almost decided on the X390 but then I considered the X500 line for a slightly larger machine. At that point I entertained the idea of going all-out and getting an X700 series machine for the ultimate in lawn mowers but it was a lot of cash for just a mower regardless of its other capabilities. Then I had a really "out-there" idea. What about a 1 series sub-compact tractor? Yup, I did it. I looked at finances and did a LOT of research and thinking and talked it over with Cathy and came to the conclusion that since we have not gone anywhere the last two years and likely will not next year combined with 0% financing now was the time to do what I never thought about just a month ago. The other day I finalized the deal for a brand new John Deere 1025R tractor with D120R front-end loader attachment and 54 inch ride-over quick attach mower deck. It is four-wheel drive with dual range hydrostatic transmission and has the new Carlise Versa-Turf tires introduced last fall. The loader attachment is also quick attach and will stand by itself after just flipping two latches and disconnecting the hydraulic hoses and backing away from it. This will be sweet for clearing snow from the yard as well as moving gravel, topsoil etc as well as mowing. It is supposed to be delivered on Monday. Never thought I would look forward to mowing the lawn. LOL This is the actual tractor the dealer sent me the pictures of today while they were installing the mower deck.
image003.jpg
image004.jpg

Last edited:

Beats using Goats - any day...

You can control the Machine. But the Goats? Not so much...

Let us know how it turns out with the Snowblower, or you can just use a Big Roller brush....

Have fun with the new toy!

Not getting the snowblower. Going to use the bucket for snow removal this year and see how that works. If I don't like it I might get the front plow next year we will see. As for the roller brush for snow removal here......LOLOLOL ....maybe if we only got a couple inches and a paved driveway but on a gravel driveway and with up to 12-18 inches in a storm NOPE! Ain't gonna happen.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.