• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

Maybe Robb can dub a decent soundtrack over that. Maybe an old Slim Whitman or Boxcar Willie tune.... Anything but what's on it now.

Hell, even that Russian Trololo guy would be better on my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RIP Eduard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The guy that posted both videos messaged me and said the conversion procedure is the same as the Galaxy 88 HL.

I'm assuming it would be the PCB version.

Seems like I remember reading a post from a dude on Sparky Sparks forum that it had a galaxy board, but some thought he was trolling. IDK.

That board is identical to the original 5 band silver face I have. The only things I noticed different are the wire connectors on the board. Is this the new one that was just released or an older/different model.

not new

i have had the ja for about 2 years now. only
difference is mine is a black face superstar ja

10-15 years ago there were some radios floating around labeled Superstar JA and Superstar GR, they looked President on the outside but had a 3600 series board under the hood. I bought a master pack of the JA's as the wholesaler told me they were the same as the President Jackos....they were returned.

The guy that posted both videos messaged me and said the conversion procedure is the same as the Galaxy 88 HL.

I'm assuming it would be the PCB version.

Seems like I remember reading a post from a dude on Sparky Sparks forum that it had a galaxy board, but some thought he was trolling. IDK.

thanks, we will see monday what it actually is.

I hope it all works out for you. Don't take my word for the conversion info. It's just what that dude says. Not sure if its accurate.

I want one, but gonna wait until you guys say if its a turd or not. I think it has great promise as a mobile rig. I'm looking at getting another old beater truck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.