• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

Notice their carefully crafted description?
I dealt with them one time. Had a problem with the radio. They bent over backwards making it right. Even insisted on giving me a free desk mike of my choice. Told 'em it wasn't necessary, but they insisted.

Treated me like a king. Wish I'd seen this before ordering from my arch nemesis Copper Electronics, shame on me.

on this new radio I found a mod that was not hooked up in my Jackson that brought it to life after I removed the goop some one had put over it. took about 1 hour to dig it out and it seems to make the radio wake up on AM.
I have been member of this forum since 2005 and have not posted much. read alot on here. one guy on another forum tried it and is happy with it so far.
it just takes a jumper and pulling one resister out of the circuit so it is simple to do.
so I am not really new here just not posted much until here the past couple of days. if you guys here would like to try it just leave me a message here and I will try to post a pic of how it is done.

also by the way I know one person here said they contacted Ranger on this radio about a warranty. I found info that it had never had a factory warranty from day one . it is listed in secret cb volume 19 page 30 if anyone wants to read this .so not sure if they will warranty this one. if they do it will be a plus for the radio.
I will have to figure out how to post the mod pic if you guys would like to try it.

on this new radio I found a mod that was not hooked up in my Jackson that brought it to life after I removed the goop some one had put over it. took about 1 hour to dig it out and it seems to make the radio wake up on AM.
I have been member of this forum since 2005 and have not posted much. read alot on here. one guy on another forum tried it and is happy with it so far.
it just takes a jumper and pulling one resister out of the circuit so it is simple to do.
so I am not really new here just not posted much until here the past couple of days. if you guys here would like to try it just leave me a message here and I will try to post a pic of how it is done.

also by the way I know one person here said they contacted Ranger on this radio about a warranty. I found info that it had never had a factory warranty from day one . it is listed in secret cb volume 19 page 30 if anyone wants to read this .so not sure if they will warranty this one. if they do it will be a plus for the radio.
I will have to figure out how to post the mod pic if you guys would like to try it.
The original radio was the Jackson and it was made by Uniden.
That Uniden Jackson radio had no factory warranty as pointed out in the Secret CB Vol. 19.

The ones we've been getting here on this thread is the SuperStar JA made by Ranger. It is a 'clone'/'copy cat' of the original Uniden Jackson; but definitely Not a Uniden. Ranger did warranty them when they built them some 30 years ago. So, the question is if Ranger will honor the warranty after nearly 30 years as NOS. I might call Chip @ Ranger/RCI tomorrow and find out . . .

Last edited:
that is what I was wondering if they would warranty the radio. just modded mine for 11 meter and so far not to bad.

Ranger has still not verified that they are the responsible party for this radio in the first place. There are other players that use the Superstar name.

Ranger informed me that they would call the factory to see if it is theirs and email me back. The Chinese new year was over this past Monday. I have not heard back yet. I don't expect a response either, unless I initiate it.

I doubt they will. I also doubt they will even claim it.

We shall see.

Ranger has still not verified that they are the responsible party for this radio in the first place. There are other players that use the Superstar name.

Ranger informed me that they would call the factory to see if it is theirs and email me back. The Chinese new year was over this past Monday. I have not heard back yet. I don't expect a response either, unless I initiate it.

I doubt they will. I also doubt they will even claim it.

We shall see.

that is what I was thinking. the last time I contacted ranger I had to keep emailing them and they would reply waiting for info and after 2 months the info I received did not even make any since. had to do with conflicting service manual bias alignment instructions in the books and on their web sight. even had to send them the radio I have serial number to confirm which alignment to use. it was the TR696FD1 radio.
the info they sent would not even work.

Talked to Chip @ Ranger yesterday. Still no word on their official position as yet. We should know something by the end of this week.

thanks for following up on it.maybe they will stand up and honor a warranty on it.the one I bought is fine no problems so far

Robb, could you start a post on your Jackson mods? I know people will be wanting info as these Superstars... get out there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.