• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

I have really been enjoying mine.So far i have done the channel expansion and the agc mod.I have been making lots of dx contacts barefoot with it.I want to unlock the fine clairifier and get an alignment done to it.I will probly just have to mail it off to dtb or somewhere to have it done.

Here is a video I made of the receive on the JA, 38LSB heard in Australia.
[flash=250,210]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNvGEvg1ro[/flash]

Here is a video I made of the receive on the JA, 38LSB heard in Australia.

Where about in the Land Of OZ are you ? North , East coast, West or deep south . Great receive.

Antenna type?

Cheers

Bruce
SE Victoria

Another shipment coming in April.

Meanwhile, Ranger remains tight lipped.

If they didn't have their fingers in this mess, then they'd quickly disavow knowledge. Personally, I think it's pretty rude that vendors of this radio are failing to mention you have no warranty.

Pretty rank I do say.

So far im really happy with mine. With just an agc mod/technical service bulletin and frequency expansion iv talked pretty much all over the world. I might even buy a second one.

sorry guys I made it to page 26. I know this thread began in January...but never in a million years did I think I would be sitting here looking at a Jackson or Jackson chassis. (clone or not) The old silver face Jackson is my holy grail of collecting vintage radios. I was just goofing off searching online about the Jackson 2 (remember that thing?) and noticed this thread and literally freaked out.

I can't imagine walking up in an old warehouse and finding these radios/chassis. Is that what happened? I know the Jacko wasn't everyone's cup of tea but it was for me. This is almost as good as buying one 30 years ago and the price is unheard of nowadays. Listen I know some of these 10 meter radios with programming cables and led's are very cool, but the hell with spending $300+ when I can have a Jackson old stock for $140. :p:

You guys know how much Original Jackson's go for on eFee (when they don't find them in time lol)

Thanks for the thread! I will be ordering one in April

If you read a few more pages you will discover that this isn't an original Jackson board, but some unknown variant.

hmmm thanks I'll check it out. I just read the "Jackson Zodiac Tokyo" thread...so are they the same board? JA and Zodiac? I knew it was too good to be true.

ah well might as well read the entire thread.

It's strange these SS JA radios sound more like the black face Jackson, then the silver. Black face had 6 bands and silver had 5? Or is that reverse?

I wish they would've put these on the ranger website as "refurb old stock" with a price around $80-$100.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.