• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

so far i think copper is the cheapest at $149 plus shipping

if they don't go in the radio that's a good option for someone who's gonna do the mods themselves ..... but i wouldn't want a copper "tech' in anything going by the post i've seen about them .

actually ............. i wouldn't buy anything from them anyway because of their past habit of taking the conversion thingy out of 29xx radios of customer that didn't want them in their radios ....

Very true.

I struggled ordering it from them. I requested no mods. No chip to worry about. However, they did send me a refurbished N2, but I did a charge back on them. I'll be sniffing this radio real close when it comes.

Reactions: 1 person
this is what mine is at now:

band A 25.615 to 26.055

band B 26.065 to 26.505

band C 26.515 to 26.955

band D 26.965 to 27.405 (CB)

band E 27.415 to 27.855

band F 27.865 to 28.305

Reactions: 1 person
after using this radio for a few days, i have to say i really like it!

it is a very quiet radio and all the extra channels make it way more fun than the 980ssb, nothin like talkin to jamaica while on the drive into work this morning on .515lsb

receive signal strengths seem fine, loud strong stations really move the meter and even the low signals that dont move the meter have good audio and are no problem to here with the quiet receive that the radio has.

im still finding myself reaching over to turn up the volume because the static level is so low,, then when a station comes is it just blasting, then turn it back down,, have to just leave it alone,lol

i think im going to order a heavy duty power cord for mine as the meter light really dims out when transmitting, found some 12 gauge ones on ebay

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.