• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old truck

Good looking Truck and it at least looks like a 8' bed. Sure miss my old Ford Extra heavy duty truck with the Easy Dumper bed. I could about kick myself in the back side for getting rid of it. Hind Sight is 20/20 !!!

Good looking Truck and it at least looks like a 8' bed. Sure miss my old Ford Extra heavy duty truck with the Easy Dumper bed. I could about kick myself in the back side for getting rid of it. Hind Sight is 20/20 !!!
Thank you, It's 8ft with the tailgate down. The paint and clear coat is getting bad, it looks better in pictures than real life but it's still a pretty nice truck. Hopefully this spring I can do something about the paint.

Reactions: whiteastro
Thank you, It's 8ft with the tailgate down. The paint and clear coat is getting bad, it looks better in pictures than real life but it's still a pretty nice truck. Hopefully this spring I can do something about the paint.
Anyone can freshen up the paint themself if they can stand the time it takes to prep the vehicle and shoot some enamel paint over top of the lacquer paint if you have a clean place to do it and don't care if it is Mint or not. I done a few myself on my Low Budget plan. Keep in mind it's not the funnest project But poor folks have poor ways ! LOL

Anyone can freshen up the paint themself if they can stand the time it takes to prep the vehicle and shoot some enamel paint over top of the lacquer paint if you have a clean place to do it and don't care if it is Mint or not. I done a few myself on my Low Budget plan. Keep in mind it's not the funnest project But poor folks have poor ways ! LOL
When I was a 19yr old kid I took my truck to a reputable shop to be painted. This guy has had his work displayed in Hotrod magazine and to this day still paints show cars and trucks. This was in 1987 and $700 dollars wasn't that cheap for a 19 yr old. I expected a good paint job not a show truck paint job, we went over my truck and I pointed out what I wanted fixed (two small rusted areas) other wise a complete paint job and my pinstripes put back on. What I got was a horrible half a$$ paint job, it was fish eyed so bad I could see the primer in spots when the truck was in direct sunlight, he didn't fix the two areas of rust and didn't put the pinstripes back on,all of this he had agreed to do like it wasn't gonna be a problem. He's still in business somehow even though ive met several people over the years he has screwed over including a guy with a show truck. So since then anyone considering using this guy I tell them exactly what I think about his work and it's never good. I swore back then I would never pay someone else to screw my truck up when I can screw it up just fine on my own, so yep I'm planning on painting it myself or doing the entire truck in Raptor liner. I know a lot of people don't like the Raptor liner paint jobs but for some reason I like it if it's done right. But either way I'm planning on doing the work myself then I have no one to blame but myself. And on another note the guy that gave me the sorry paint job bought a 90k boat a few years ago online sight unseen, Yep! It was a scam!!! Gotta love it, he definitely had it coming:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: whiteastro
When I was a 19yr old kid I took my truck to a reputable shop to be painted. This guy has had his work displayed in Hotrod magazine and to this day still paints show cars and trucks. This was in 1987 and $700 dollars wasn't that cheap for a 19 yr old.
Yeah I paid a shop to change color of a Volkswagen and they didn't sand the runs out of the original paint someone else put in !

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
Got the master cylinder replaced so the brakes are now working. Ordered some goodies, will be putting them on when I get home still waiting on the headlights to arrive may be awhile. View attachment 67160View attachment 67161View attachment 67159View attachment 67162View attachment 67163
Well still no headlights!!! They were supposed to be here the 15th of February, then I get a message that there has been a delay and they haven't even been shipped. So who knows when they will get here. Hopefully soon!

Well, I had to cancel the headlights I had ordered because the seller keep jacking me around for almost two months. Ordered the exact same headlights for a different vendor and they are supposed to arrive the 20th of March. When I get them installed I'll give an update and pictures

Reactions: Keto
2001 f150 4x4 I have has low miles 121,000 but rust from a few days in the winter each year.
My plan is fix keep making better mechanically,$1400 + in the front end rebuild, clear coat etc... Kept outside with now garage too.
These new pickups are outrageous in price. The used ones have, what I think is a ton of miles for an expensive price

Well, I had to cancel the headlights I had ordered because the seller keep jacking me around for almost two months. Ordered the exact same headlights for a different vendor and they are supposed to arrive the 20th of March. When I get them installed I'll give an update and pictures
Those lights in the link look really good.

My headlights showed up March 19th just in time for my birthday, so that was kinda cool. Don't know if I'll get them installed today, I'm behind on my honeydew list, calling for rain tomorrow so maybe then.
20240319_210512.jpg

I know this isn't about my truck, but my old boat is a 2012 Lowes tri toon. I was having an issue with it sounding an alarm and going into limp mode. I could shut it off and restart it and it might run the rest of the day fine or it may go into limp mode 2 or 3 times. It seemed to be pumping water just fine but it did idol a little rough at times, spent $500 on it at the shop they claimed it was fixed. First time back on the lake same result, someone at work suggested putting a fuel water separator on it and new fuel lines since mine were still the factory originals, so I did. I cut about a 2 inches off the fuel line so I'd know what size I needed when I replaced it, after I cut it off I looked inside the hose and the liner inside the fuel line was collapsed and on further inspection the feed point end coming out of the fuel tank was also collapsed. Im surprised the motor was getting any fuel at all, Anyway, I don't know if the new fuel water separator and fuel lines will fix my issue but it should definitely help me out, if not, I've read several threads on a boat forum of people having the exact same issue with this same motor and they had a faulty ECU module hopefully I've fixed the problem, if not then I'll have someone check my ECU module.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.