• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My shack mess.. and new bench.

Wow thanks LC. So it goes at the amp output? I run different amps off of the same antenna, could I just put it on the coax where it leaves the shack? I am going to check this out right now. Sorry for the hijack OP,I will start a different thread for this.
Chris
No, at the feedpoint of the antenna. The idea is to stop the current from flowing down the outside of the coaxial cable due to skin effect at RF. The ferrite beads on the outside of a length of cable at the feedpoint creates an RF choke. The concept is also known as feedline decoupling.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Current setup.. SWR meters up top, 1 CB and 1 for Yaesu 757GX..

Using McKinley till the Anytone AT-5555 gets here Monday night..

Don't mind the old Sharp 23 channel on right on bench.. actually works well.. that's got to get packed up..

The A99 is up and running as well. 1.1-1 or less SWR.

IMG_20180825_165447458.jpg

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated