• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nascar hasn't changed

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Jimmie Johnson in the Hendrick 48 car caused a late race crash, in the Clash, that wrecked all but two of the cars but he rolls on to win the race.
Not a good start to the 2019 season.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas

I don't watch much Nascar any longer . too much BS & Rule changing . Just NHRA now , that's where my roots are but NHRA seems to have been putting their hand in " The Rule Changing " pocket also the last few years . But when I did watch ... Never a big fan of the Jimmy Johnson Show !

If Dale Sr complained, Nascar changed the rules for him. Dale complained about plate racing, but Nascar didn't listen.....if Dale Sr couldn't get Nascar to take the plates off, it will NEVER get any better.

Reactions: 357magnum
Stage racing is just another way of NASCAR saying...

"we really don't know when the tires are going to explode"

Give the rule beaters, tweakers, subverters, (the teams) long enough and they will always get quicker and faster. In this case the amount of downforce has steadily increased in the last decade leading to a tire longevity issue. The issue isn't so much how long the tires will survive as the way they disintegrate, suddenly and explosively.

I don't watch much Nascar any longer . too much BS & Rule changing . Just NHRA now , that's where my roots are but NHRA seems to have been putting their hand in " The Rule Changing " pocket also the last few years . But when I did watch ... Never a big fan of the Jimmy Johnson Show !
Drag racing is the perfect sport for the Obsessive Compulsive personality. Get it right because you have one lap to win or lose.

Tall , right on that ! I bracket raced for $ @ the end , so if I didn't run the number I dialed it was my fault . I learn real quick " Disconnect your Brake light switch ":whistle:;):LOL: ( Not supposed to tap your brakes to slow car down )

Kop , You are Sooo right on that also ! Seems like last few years Goodyear couldn't get those tires figured out , so they changed the rules so nobody died ! Never could figure why they had so many problems, probably made overseas !:LOL:

Reactions: psycho
Maybe a rule change is in order, we'll call it the Brian France rule. All drivers must drink a shot of whiskey on each pit stop.
How about a Michael Waltrip rule............drive around the track while hammered and run to the pool house after wrecking the car like he's done before.

Maybe a rule change is in order, we'll call it the Brian France rule. All drivers must drink a shot of whiskey on each pit stop.
How about a Michael Waltrip rule............drive around the track while hammered and run to the pool house after wrecking the car like he's done before.
Of course you can't change NASCAR. You can't change the South it is steeped in tradition, manners, and in a lot of cases honor. Only the South can change the South and only when it wants to change.
To borrow a line from Jeff Dunham,"Oh look they're turning left!"

Tall , right on that ! I bracket raced for $ @ the end , so if I didn't run the number I dialed it was my fault . I learn real quick " Disconnect your Brake light switch ":whistle:;):LOL: ( Not supposed to tap your brakes to slow car down )
One word, "Hand Brake."
Well two words.

Tall ,:LOL: I had that in my small block Chevy Super Pro Dragster ( Best et 8.20 ) a piece of flat stock . But no worries there it didn't have brake lights , just a Chute I only used once when I was headed to the sand trap & net because of Bad rear wheel hop .:whistle::LOL:

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.