• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Neat flea market find today

GA1dad

Jun 2, 2009
Picked up a Lafayette Telsat SSB-120 at the fleamarket today for $10. Got it home and everything appears to be working ( at least as far as I can tell without a proper antenna to hook up to it ). Haven't found much info or manuals on it yet. Any recommendations on how to proceed with it? I wanna get a wire up for it, and make sure it's transmitting on frequency, but beyond that I am unsure where to go. I have to imagine some new capacitors could be beneficial.

Thanks for looking.

20200502_200646.jpg

Hook a dummy load up on that meter and see what it does.

I did. It dead keyed at about 2.5 watts according to the Dosy. There was modulation when I spoke into the dummy load, but I don't recall the readings. Not sure what else I can do ( or how ) until I get a proper antenna up. As it was, I had a 2m/70cm mobile antenna handy and hooked it up (for RX only,,, did not attempt to TX) With the ham antenna I was able to pick up a few voices, though not clear and very weak. I was able to switch from AM to both USB and LSB and hear by the tone that the fine tuning adjustment knob was working. Gain, squelch and volume knobs all worked,, as did the switches. It all appears hopeful.

Gimme that radio,i got $25 handy to give you

Reactions: GA1dad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated