• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need channels kit/mod for Uniden 538

H

hossless

Hey all, I need to find out how to do an extra channels mod for the Uniden 538. Or, where I can get a channels kit.

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

Hmmm.

The thundering silence you hear on this one is the whole answer, really. This radio uses a PLL chip that is genuinely "channel-proof". No way to get around it. There was a guy 5 or 6 years ago who worked out a "drop-in" module that replaced the whole PLL chip for some similar Uniden radios. You pulled out the PLL chip and his module went into the circuit board in its place. Problem was, it cost nearly as much as the radio. Far as I know, he never got the thing to market. It was a heckuva design, two little surface-mount circuit boards with 18 pins on them. Went right in place of the stock PLL. Just goes to show that they can't make the radio completely "channel-proof". They can only make it too expensive to be worth bothering.

M3D.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.