• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Circuit For Simple Jammer "Bush Boogie"

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Good grief ….. we have a new A-hole in our local group and we're trying to figure stuff to run him off - I don't need any other suggestions - just help with this:

I never saw one but back in the 70's when there were so many similar problems especially in urban areas, there was talk of a simple device to short-range jam somebody to plug their ears. Some call it a 'Bush Boogie" What I heard was it used a TX Crystal for the target frequency and a 9 volt battery …. I'm thinking other components must or may be involved.

I tried google search. There is mention of Test Oscillators using a 2N2222 transistor and simple White Noise Generators …. but didn't see any actual circuits or something that will work in 27mhz range.

I don't care if it's a dead carrier on a single frequency or across the band or a white noise generator …. I'm only interested in a small simple circuit that will work off 9 volts …. and then sneak into the guy's yard and hide it.

Any help ?? Thanks !!

Get an old am walkie and some good batts and get it as close to said house as possible. Might work. Have you collectively as a group tried to talk to him and give him a chance to straighten out? You would be suprised what a group of guys can do compared to one or two! Let him know that if he continues that he is just creatin more problems for himself, don't shun him away though but rather invite him in and set some ground rules. IF all else fails resort to the first remedy above lol.

Not questioning your reasons for this but just remember jamming isn't a legal activity and if anything unintentional happens this thread exists as evidence.

Ah yes, I remember back in the 80's. I had a relative that like to use an oscillator and throw it near guys house or put a 8' wire on it and throw it in the corn field during winter. I guess it lasted about a week or 2. Lol. Anything over a quarter mile away was wiped out.

Reactions: orbieswar
Ah yes, I remember back in the 80's. I had a relative that like to use an oscillator and throw it near guys house or put a 8' wire on it and throw it in the corn field during winter. I guess it lasted about a week or 2. Lol. Anything over a quarter mile away was wiped out.

yeah,.......... a 555 timer has lots of potential. jus sayin

seems to me they were often called "crystal balls" and were thrown on to the roof of the offenders own house

Reactions: Wire Weasel
That's why I reconmended trying to deal with with a more legal approach. Most of the time when the bully gets bullied back he shuts up!! Just my experience.

Use an old 27mhz remote control. Pull it to the right channel, use a 8 foot wire instead of the antenna.
If you want to be fancy tie in a cheap solar panel to a n/c relay. Will shut off during the day making harder to find and charge to give it some life.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
That's a good one too 131, gosh those should be easy to find lol, hit Walmart and get a cheapo rc car 27mhz.

Not exactly a legal remedy and it does involve a fair amount of risk, but in the old days we would just pin or maybe cut the offender's coax.

In extreme cases some were known to fire a grappling hook around the offender's antenna - hooking the other end up to a vehicle and make a quick getaway, taking the antenna down.

Not that I ever did anything like that...

Reactions: orbieswar
Not exactly a legal remedy and it does involve a fair amount of risk, but in the old days we would just pin or maybe cut the offender's coax.

In extreme cases some were known to fire a grappling hook around the offender's antenna - hooking the other end up to a vehicle and make a quick getaway, taking the antenna down.

Not that I ever did anything like that...

Sounds like a great way to get yourself shot.

Thanks to the member who sent me a PM with link to a circuit, and for the responses above.

The guy is universally hated by everyone in our group. We've done everything we can to run him off. Shunning, bad mouthing him …. he's intractable. He's a drunk-ass bum and nothing to do with his life but talk on a cb radio …. he's dug in. He doesn't care that he's being shunned. He has the IQ of an old pair of Kmart tennis shoes …. he cannot be reasoned with. He lives in a trailer (of course) that is out in the open and difficult to approach directly but there is some woods on one side nearby where a device could be placed.

I'm just trying to think of something to help run him off. I don't want to put much money in this. The device must be small and waterproof. A Walkie Talkie or RC Controller I think will be too big and consume too much battery. - that's why I was going after a small circuit like I'd heard of before.

Still not seeing anything using a single-frequency crystal …. I can easily make a small circuit onto blank circuit board …. just need a diagram

Thanks for all

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.